BCS Special Education Connection
More TNReady Information!!
Practice Tests Available on MISTMIST is the platform where students will take the TNReady math and ELA assessments as well as the social studies/U.S. history assessments. Practice tests for math, ELA, and social studies/U.S. history are available on MIST as of Monday, Sept. 28, when the first practice window opened.
As a reminder, earlier this month, the revised social studies practice tests for each grade and subject were posted as PDFs on the department website (here) under "Practice Resources & Training."
Guidance Regarding the No-Calculator Portion of TNReadyDuplicate this box and add your own content, or choose "Text" from the Content menu to add a new box.
As announced during the regional assessment meetings last week, tomorrow we will post instructional guidance for teachers regarding the no-calculator portion of the TNReady assessment on our website (here). You can preview the document that will be posted (here).
If you have any questions, please email us at TNReady.Questions@tn.gov.
IMPORTANT EasyIEP Information
· The TN Alternate Assessment page will no longer print on the IEP document, if the student has completed all of the TN Alternate Assessments. This will be active sometime this week.
· TCAP Social Studies Accommodations have been added to the Accommodations page.
· EOC test scores for high school students are no longer required on the Accommodations page.
· Accommodations page will reset once an IEP or IEP Addendum is finalized. To ensure accessibility features for the TCAP TNReady Assessments have been reviewed, the Accommodations page will reset upon the creation of the Final IEP or Final IEP Addendum. This was a request by the Assessments Team to make sure the Accommodations for the TNReady Assessments were reviewed at each IEP Team meeting. Always create a Draft IEP/Addendum first and make corrections prior to creating the Final IEP/Addendum.
Creating IEP and Addendum documents within 15 days of original document
· IEP or IEP Addendums can be replaced within 15 days of the original creation date.
· Some IEP Teams are skipping this section and creating a duplicate IEP document.
· Does this section on the Create Final document page need to be changed or revised?
· We will accept suggestions from Directors to identify improvements to make this section recognizable.
Reminder for K-2 Resource Teachers
If you have any questions, please feel free to email.
Elmore Park Eagles at work!!
Hard at work
For the last two weeks, my class has been busy writing thank you notes to each teacher at our school
Practicing writing skills
We had a lot of fun and at the kids enjoyed giving the teachers words of encouragement.
They used the computer to research each teacher's name, worked with partners, used math to divide the teachers into groups, practiced writing and finally delivered them.