Monthly news from Principal Bolds
Thank you to those who have joined Remind 101. Friday's Early Dismissal was another example of how important communication can be. I was able to provide timely communication to our school community through the Remind 101 app. As I shared in my last Principal's Post, Remind 101 will be the primary outlet we will use to relay emergency information to parents. There are 2 ways to join:
- Text @89g3 to 81010 or
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org (the subject line can be blank)
Additional updates and information can be obtained from the Montgomery PTA Facebook or through Twitter. Follow @Carolina_Girl96 for updates.
As we plan for next school year, we are seeking your assistance. Please click on the link above and complete the form so that we can make the best class placement decision for your child for next school year. Request for specific teachers WILL NOT be considered. The deadline to complete this form is Friday, February 3, 2017. If you have more than one child returning to Montgomery next school year, you will need to complete a separate form for each child.
Thank you MES families for your donations to Montgomery's Mustang Annual Appeal Campaign. Because of your contributions, we will begin sending teachers to Orton-Gillingham Training. Our first grade teachers are scheduled to attend training at the end of January. Our goal is to train teachers in grades K-2 before the end of the school year. Teachers in grades 3-5 will be trained after Georgia Milestones testing.
Please use the links below to learn more about Orton-Gillingham
Rising 6th Grade Parents Orientation ~ Chamblee Middle School ~ Jan. 12th
January Calendar At-a-Glance
- January 4 ~ Teacher Workday
- January 5 ~ Students return
- January 9 ~ Geography Bee ~ 9am ~ Cafeteria
- January 9 ~ Mustang Fund meeting ~ 4pm ~ Ms. Bolds' office
- January 10 ~PTA Exec Board meeting ~7:30am ~ Ms. Bolds' office
- January 10 ~School Council meeting ~ 2:45 pm ~ Ms. Bolds' office
- January 13 ~Coffee & Conversation with Ms. Bolds ~ 8am ~ Cafeteria
- January 16 ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Holiday (Schools closed for students/staff)
- January 20 ~Montgomery ES Open House
- January 20 ~Inauguration
- January 25 ~STEM Science Night
- January 28 ~Helen Ruffin Reading Bowl ~ Arabia Mountain High School
*January 17 - March 3, 2017 ~ ACCESS testing window for ELL students
E-SPLOST Projects are scheduled to begin!
Changes are in store for Montgomery ES. Beginning in February, the district will begin working on our new roof. Thanks to SPLOST IV funding, Montgomery Elementary will finally receive an HVAC system in the gym as well as renovations to the boys and girls bathrooms throughout the building in addition to the new roof. Updates on the projects will be provided throughout the course of the semester.