Vista Oaks - Lodi
A great place for your child to grow...
Weekly Update for January 29, 2016
Important Upcoming Dates
- Wednesday, February 3 - More information below!
- Friday, February 12 and Monday, February 15
Open House - Wednesday, February 3 from 3:00 - 5:00
- Mark your Calendar for the Vista Oaks Charter School Open House - February 3, 2016. 3:00-5:00pm!
- We will have raffle prizes, a scavenger hunt, hands-on arts and crafts, food and fun.
- Bring family and friends and get an extra raffle ticket for each person you bring to open house.
Can You Help?
- TREATS FOR OPEN HOUSE- We are hoping a few parents would be able to help with bringing treats for the open house. If you would be able to contribute some yummy cookies, cupcakes, or brownies, please contact DeDe Wall at firstname.lastname@example.org We would greatly appreciate your contribution.
- TIGER LINES FIELD TRIP- The K-8 field trip was a great success. The staff at Tiger Lines really went above and beyond to make the trip not only educational but warm and welcoming. The students will be making thank you cards at the next Wednesday classes to thank them for the field trip fun.
- VOCS LIBRARY BOOKS- We are glad that so many students are checking out books from our VOCS library. If your student wants to check out a book, please use the clip board that is located on top of the library shelf. Books do need to be returned within a 3-4 week time.
- READING LOGS- Please have your child read everyday and fill out the weekly reading log. Each time they turn in a log, they get to put their name in a drawing. The more they read, the more chances they have to win!
- VENDOR INFO.- World of Wonders has so much to offer homeschool students. Check out their latest information at http://wowsciencemuseum.org/wow-university/.
Here's this week's skill (Let's start with the basics!):
HERE'S MORE PRACTICE FOR HOW TO USE THE MOUSE (Mousercize, if you will) ;) :Click this link for a new game to make sure your child knows how to properly use the mouse:
Also, here's a link to the practice test! It'd be great for you to sit with your child and take the practice test together so you can both see what you can do to better prepare for it: http://www.caaspp.org/practice-and-training/index.html
Tiger Lines, thank you for a wonderful field trip!
Know Someone Who Might Be Interested in Vista Oaks?
- We are accepting applications for the Spring Semester!
- Know someone who might be interested in learning about Vista Oaks Charter School? Feel free to forward the Weekly Updates or have them call our office at 365-4060.
- There is currently a wait list for high school students, but a few more spots are available in K-8.