Hinduism vs Buddihsm vs Islam
By Vik Chandra, Beshoy, Prakyath
Existence Since: Hinduism is the world’s oldest known religion. History of Hinduism can be traced back to 5000-10,000 B.C.
Facts about size and Rank: It is the third largest religion of the world with more than 1 billion followers.
Location: Most of the Hindus live in India, Nepal, and Sri Lanka with considerable presence in all other parts of the world also. About 85% of Hindus live in India. That is why India is also called as “Hindustan.”
Founder: Hinduism has no single founder. It has been evolving over the thousands of years and will continue to.
What do they worship: Hindus believe in one God named as “Brahman” but view other Gods and Goddesses as manifestations of Him. Therefore, in practice, they worship more than one God. Most Hindus worship God in the form of an idol. Rivers, mountains, trees, animals, and natural things which are useful for a human being are revered in Hinduism. Cow is the most revered animal for Hindus.
2. Right aspirations
3. Right speech
4. Right conduct
5. Right livelihood
6. Right effort
7. Right mindfulness
8. Right meditational attainment
- "Islam" means "Peace through the submission to God".
- "Muslim" means "anyone or anything that submits itself to the will of God".
- Islam is not a cult. Its followers number over 1.5 billion worldwide. Along with Judaism and Christianity, it is considered to be one of the three Abrahamic traditions.
- Islam is a complete way of life that governs all facets of life: moral, spiritual, social, political, economical, intellectual, etc.
- "Allah" is an Arabic word that means "God". Muslims also believe that "Allah" is the personal name of God.