Counseling and Mental Health
- Exercising, eating right, and avoiding stress help to maintain healthy body as we get older.
Tips for healthy aging
- Include physical activity in your daily routine. Try walking, swimming or other activities you enjoy. Regular physical activity can help you maintain a healthy weight, lower blood pressure and lessen the extent of arterial stiffening.
- Eat a healthy diet. Choose vegetables, fruits, whole grains, high-fiber foods and protein. Avoid eating to much foods high in saturated fat and sodium. A healthy diet can help you keep your heart and arteries healthy.
- Don't smoke. Smoking contributes to the hardening of your arteries and increases your blood pressure and heart rate.
- Manage stress. Stress can have an effect on your heart. Take steps to reduce stress.
- Get enough sleep. sleep is important for healing and repair of your heart and blood vessels. People's needs vary, but try to get 7 to 8 hours of sleep every night.