The Principal's Message
Crossroads South Middle School
December 3rd, 2017
FROM THE PRINCIPAL...
It is hard to believe that December is already here! We have an exciting Winter Concert Season quickly approaching, as well as many other events and activities. Our PATTERNS assembly will be held this Friday. Also, please make sure you read the safety note regarding morning drop off.
- UPCOMING PARENT ACADEMY: Do you struggle to know the right ways to manage technology and social media in your home? The Social Media Symposium is back with additional workshops for students. Mark your calendars for 12/9 from 9:00am - 12:00 and the South Brunswick Parent Academy will share more details soon!
- WINTER CONCERT SEASON: Our Winter Concert Series is a MUST SEE! Each night is filled with incredible talent and wonderful music.
Tuesday, December 5th - Orchestra Concert @ XRDSouth - 7pm
Thursday, December 7th - Band Concert @ SBHS - 7pm
Wednesday, December 20th - Choral Concert @ SBHS - 7pm
- REPORT CARDS & GENESIS: Friday, December 8th marks the end of our first marking period. All report cards will be shared the week of December 18th in the Parent Portal of Genesis. The electronic document will stand as the official record, as hard copies will not be mailed this year. So, be sure to print a copy to hang on the refrigerator! :)
- ATTENDANCE REMINDERS: Daily attendance in school is a critical factor in the success of your child. Please do your best to minimize the number of days your child is absent from school or is taken out early for appointments. Should your child exceed the number of acceptable days absent as determined by NJ State Law, you will receive a letter from the school.
- IMPORTANT BUS NOTE: Please remember that students are only permitted to ride his/her regular bus home. You cannot go home on another bus. Our busses are full and any additional students has left others without a seat and in a potentially dangerous situation. If your child wishes to go home with another student, you must coordinate either a parent pickup at the school or a parent pickup at your house. **Bus passes can be checked for boarding.** Thank you for your understanding.
- 12/4 - BOE Meeting 7pm
- 12/5 - WINTER CONCERT SERIES #1: ORCHESTRA @ SOUTH 7pm
- 12/6 - EARLY RELEASE DAY
- 12/7 - WINTER CONCERT SERIES #2: BAND @ SBHS 7pm
- 12/8 - PATTERNS ASSEMBLY
- 12/9 - SBPA - Social Media Symposium 9:00am @ Crossroads North
- 12/12 - PTO Meeting @ North 7pm
- 12/18 - BOE Meeting 7pm
- 12/20 - WINTER CONCERT SERIES #3: CHOIR @ SBHS 7pm
- 12/22 - EARLY RELEASE DAY
- 12/22 - Daytime Concert for Students
- 1/2 - School In Session - Happy 2018!
- 1/8 - BOE Meeting 7pm
- 1/9 - 8th Grade Gettysburg Parent Meeting 6:30pm
- 1/10 - PTO Meeting 7pm
- 1/15 - NO SCHOOL - MLK Jr. Day
- 1/22 - BOE Meeting 7pm
- 1/25 - EARLY RELEASE DAY
- 1/31 - 7th Grade "Middle of the Middle of the Middle Day"