Film/ TV Shows/ Stage Plays/ Musicals
Because they have to oversee the entire production process, producers need to be able to effectively lead crew, directors, & actors toward the end goal.
Producers need to have attention to detail in order to produce the best products.
They must have good communication skills in order to get ideas across to staff. Also being an active listener to directors needs/wants.
Univeristy of Michigan- School of Music, Theatre, & Dance (Ann Arbor, MI)
Univeristy of Southern California- School of Dramatic Arts (Los Angeles, CA)
Pepperdine- Seaver College (Malibu, CA)
New York University- Tisch School of the Arts (New York City, NY)
Earnings & Job Outlook
- May have to work on holidays
- Locked into contract
- Don't have to renew contract if you want to take gap years
- Need qualification/degree in production
- On-the-job training
How Hard is it to Find Work?
- Faster than average job growth (9%-13%)
- Start from the bottom and work your way up
Big City or Small City Restriction?
- Big city restricted
- Start out as a production assistant
- Advance up to producer
- Possibly become producer