Eating Healthy with Italian Cuisine
Eating and Cooking Healthy Foods for a Healthy Lifestyle
My Goal for the Personal Project
I chose this idea because it was an opportunity for me to create a healthy and balanced lifestyle and I want to spread the message that everyone should as well.
Process Journal Entries
TUESDAY, 17 DECEMBER 2013
Now that my Personal Project is approved, I started to do some research on books and websites that can help me with this project. So far I have found different recipes that are healthy. Here are the websites I have searched on:
Also, I have started a small blog/website where I will soon be able to add the tips and recipes I have learned. Here it is: http://healthyitaliancuisine.weebly.com/
There is not much on it yet, but I plan to start cooking soon!
WEDNESDAY, 26 FEBRUARY 2014
MONDAY, 17 MARCH 2014
I have created a new goal and purpose to my project as well. Here it is:
Create a full meal for my family once I have learnt a variety of Italian dishes.
This way I can make the dishes with improvements and cook for my family as well.
WEDNESDAY, 30 APRIL 2014
FRIDAY, 11 JULY 2014
These are the resources I have used to find healthy cooking tips for my website. They are really simple and helpful ways to eat more healthy.
I have used some of these tips myself. They keep the flavour and taste of a dish but with the extra benefit of healthy eating.
THURSDAY, 24 JULY 2014
SUNDAY, 14 SEPTEMBER 2014
After I am done the goal, I will post images in my journal and on my blog. I will also officially start my Personal Project Report.
MONDAY, 15 SEPTEMBER 2014
- Marinara Sauce
- Baked Ziti
- Ricotta Frittata
- Chocolate Biscotti
- Mozarella and Tomato Panini
- Mini Quiche
- Pizza Dough
- Cheese Lasagna
- and Tomato/ Basil Sphaghetti
I uploaded many pictures to accompany my recipe blog.....
- Cook with less oil: We all use virgin olive oil and canola oil because its heart-healthy. But they still contain a lot of calories so use oil wisely.
- Reduce the amount of salt: Sodium intake should be below 2,300 mg per day, so try use freshly chopped herbs or fresh lemon juice to keep the taste in your meals.
- Use whole grains: Use whole grain flour when it comes to baking, it provides a high fibre intake.
- Use egg whites: Using the egg whites instead of the whole egg will reduce the calorie intake.
- Do not overcook vegetables: Overcooking will take out all the great vitamins and minerals found in the vegetables.
- Do not overcook garlic: This is the same as overcooking vegetables, it will take out the benefits of garlic. These benefits are reducing cancer and heart risks.
- Use lower-fat dairy products: It's a simple way to reduce dairy fats intake.
KNOW YOUR FOOD
In the end, I had cooked Sauteed Mushrooms Bruschetta for the appetizer. I had cooked Potate a la Four for the side. And I had cooked the Milestone Inspired Tomato and Basil Spaghetti.
The research I have done has proven to me that eating and cooking healthy is only beneficial to us. Also I have more of an interest in cooking and that is what I mostly got out of this personal project.
Evaluate these sentences
Some responses to: WHAT IS A HEALTHY LIFESTYLE TO YOU?
- Constant and consistent exercise, usually eating clean (fresh fruits, vegetables, balanced diet, etc.), and moderating the amount of junk food consumed.
- A healthy lifestyle to me means being able to balance out the things that are good for you. Eating, sleeping, excersize, and enjoying other things should be balanced in your life.
- A healthy lifestyle is a way of life... It is a decision made by individual. It promotes a long life, and a happy one for that matter. A healthy lifestyle is not only valuable to your physical well-being but also emotional and mental in some cases as eating right and exercising allows the overall quality of one's life to be comparatively better than someone who leads an unhealthy lifestyle.
- To me a healthy lifestyle is having a nutritious breakfast lunch and dinner and also be physically fit and do some kind of exercise everyday.