Disorders of Orgasm or Sexual Pain
By: Sandra Porter
Info about Sexual Dysfunctions
Possible Cauese of Disorder
Their are several differnt ways that this disorder can be treated.
- You can take medication, men and women with hormone deficiencies may benefit from hormone shots, pills or creams. For men, drugs including sildenafil (Viagra) may help improve sexual function by increasing blood flow to the penis.
- Mechincal aids for women that may be experiencing pain during intercourse.
-Going to a sex therapist can help couples that may not want to go the medication route they can help the couple address their sexual problem.
- Behavioral techniques which includes insights into harmful behaviors in the relationship or techniques such as self-stimulation for treatment of problems with arousal and/or orgasm.
- Psychotherapy with a trained counselor can help a person address sexual trauma from the past, feelings of anxiety, fear or guilt, and poor body image (Cleveland Clinic,2014).
Myths on the Sexual Disorder
- Myth tight underwear can cause erectile dysfunction. Truth their is not real evidence that is true.
- Myth erectile dysfunction occurs when you are not attracted to your partner. Truth the problem starts with a biological reason.
- Myth erectile dysfunction is a normal part of aging. Truth its not some disorder that every man gets when older its just another disorder that is more commen in older men.
- Myth erectile dysfunction is best treated with oral medication. Truth not all oral medications work for everyone.
- Myth their is a norm of female sexual finction. Truth sexual desire differs over time and between people for a range of reasons largely related to relationships, life situations, past experiences, and individual and social expectations—and “normality” can vary widely from person to person.
- Myth femal sexual dysfunction is labeled as a disease catergory. Truth it is almost impossible to come up with an effective treatment that will help all of womens sexual disorders because their are so many different disorders.
- Myth their are 26 drugs approved for men and non for women. Truth their are only 6 different drugs for men.
Sexual Dusfunction,Healthline.Health Line Staff. Dec 17th 2013. http://www.healthline.com/health/sexual-dysfunction#Overview1
An Overview of Sexual Dysfunction,Cleveland Clinic.2014. http://my.clevelandclinic.org/health/diseases_conditions/hic_An_Overview_of_Sexual_Dysfunction
The FDA’s Hesitation to Approve ‘Female Sexual Dysfunction’ Drugs Isn’t About Sexism,RH Reality Check. By Coco Jervis National Women's Health Network.Nov 13th 2014. http://rhrealitycheck.org/article/2014/11/13/fdas-hesitation-approve-female-sexual-dysfunction-drugs-isnt-sexism/