conflict in the middle east
Israel and Arab states in conflict
- Israel was invaded by its Arab neighbors the day after it was created
- after a few months Israel won
- Israel has won EVERY conflict and keeps increasing power and land
Israel's important people
- https://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jsource/biography/weizmann.html was a Zionist leader and Israeli statesman who served as President of the Zionist Organization and later as the First President of Israel.
- He was elected on 1 February 1949, and served until his death in 1952.
- http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jsource/biography/ben_gurion.htmlFollowing the war, Ben-Gurion served as Israel's first Prime Minister. As Prime Minister, he helped build the state institutions
- he became known as "Israel's founding father".
- was an Israeli teacher, kibbutznik, politician and the fourth Prime Minister of Israel.
- she was described as the "Iron Lady"
- David Ben-Gurion used to call Meir "the best man in the government"; she was often portrayed as the "strong-willed, straight-talking, grey-bunned grandmother of the Jewish people".
- was adopted on October 28, 1948, five months after the establishment of the State of Israel. It depicts a blue hexagram on a white background, between two horizontal blue stripes.
- The blue color is described as "dark sky-blue", and varies from flag to flag, ranging from a hue of pure blue, sometimes shaded almost as dark as navy blue, to hues about 75% toward pure cyan and shades as light as very light blue.
- The flag was designed for the Zionist Movement in 1891. The basic design recalls the Ashkenazi Tallit, the Jewish prayer shawl, which is white with blue stripes. The symbol in the center represents the Magen David ("Star of David"), a Jewish symbol dating from late medieval Prague, which was adopted by the First Zionist Congress in 1897