What's New in Room 322
Reading with our stuffed friends!
Word Work and Writing
(I gave students the option of taking it early on Thursday or on Monday due to my scheduled testing day being on Friday)
Students have been working on two flip books this week--one is a surprise (you'll find out on Sunday!) and the other was for Cinco de Mayo.
| || |
Students did a museum walk to view everyone's creations, then an artist talk where they discussed the mediums they used and why they did certain things, then students formally presented their diorama and speech to the class.
Our class name (voted on by the kiddos) is...
- Sivak's #SQUAD
- ...and yes, apparently the hashtag and capital letters are of the utmost importance since 20/24 students voted for that option hahaha
Things you can do:
- Register your student at funrun.com. They get a free prize for this. Use our school registration code: 935672
- Start collecting pledges. This can be per lap or a flat rate. The more pledges we get, the more incentives our class earns on our Pledge-O-Meter (see below). Plus, for every $30 per lap our class pledges, a pair of shoes will be sent to a person in need in another country through the Great Shoe Takeoff giveback program. I know our students are excited to rise to the challenge!
- Pledges are due May 19th either paid online with credit card at funrun.com or through cash/check payable made to WR Odell PTA.
- The fun run is Friday, May 13th at 8:30AM on the baseball field
These are the class incentives decided upon by our 2nd grade team--if we get the listed dollar amount pledged per lap, students earn that prize!
- $5-Hat Day
- $10-Popsicle Day
- $20-Popcorn Day
- $30-Pajama Day
- $50-Movie Afternoon
- $60-Lunch Outside (on the greenway)
- $70-Dance Party
- $80-Pie a Principal
Friday: NoRo (due to Boosterthon Fun Run)
Upcoming Odell Events
- May 7- "We R Odell" Chorus sings national anthem at Kannapolis Intimidators game
- May 13-CCG Parents Night Out
- May 18-Family Reading Night
- May 23-PTA Meeting
- May 24-Chick-Fil-A
- May 30-No school (holiday)
- Early June (TBA)- EOY Second Grade Party / Sound Parade
- June 8-Last Day of School