Who would benefit from this technology?
- People in need of medicine can get strong antibiotics.
- People with diabetes heavely relie on it because it makes insulin.
Pros and Cons
- Able to create protein factories and save lives (insulin)
- Human growth hormones to aid growth deficiencies.
- Makes antibiotics.
- Transform bacteria can have a undesired defect and it may be difficult to stop them , once its wide spread.
- New pathogens may arise from transform bacteria.
- Also diseases would be resistant to the medicine.
Why useful or important?
- Its used to make mulitple copies of DNA, called DNA clonning.
- Makes large ammounts of specific human proteins.
- genetically modified a bacterium or other cell.
- Does this benefit humans and plants or niether ?
- Can this cure diabetes?