Stop Heart Disease & Cancer
By: Cole Esser
Heart Disease Definition
Heart disease refers to conditions that involve narrowed or blocked blood vessels that can lead to a heart attack, chest pain or stroke. Other heart conditions such as those that affect your heart's muscle, valves or rhythm, also are considered forms of heart disease.
How to Prevent Heart Disease
Preventing heart disease is simple an can be beaten in 2 easy steps.
- Healthy diet- eat more fruits and vegetables, eat more natural less processed foods.
- Physically active- try and get 2.5 hrs of physical activity a week to get your heart rate up!
Cancer- Cancer is the uncontrolled growth of abnormal cells in the body. Cancerous cells are also called malignant cells.
7 Tips For The Prevention of Cancer
- Don't use tobacco related products
- Eat a healthy diet
- Physically active
- Protect yourself from the sun
- Avoid risky behaviors
- Get immunized
- Regular medical care
- "Heart Disease." Definition. N.p., n.d. Web. 10 Dec. 2014.
- "Allrecipes - Recipes and Cooking Confidence for Home Cooks Everywhere." Allrecipes.com. N.p., n.d. Web. 10 Dec. 2014.
- "American Cancer Society | Information and Resources for Cancer: Breast, Colon, Lung, Prostate, Skin." American Cancer Society | Information and Resources for Cancer: Breast, Colon, Lung, Prostate, Skin. N.p., n.d. Web. 08 Dec. 2014.