Manatee Elementary Newsletter
August 17, 2018
Ms. Daly, Ms. Carver and Mr. Kestner
Parent Help Needed
Wanted: Parents Interested in Serving on Manatee’s School Advisory Council!
We have 5 openings for parents on the School Advisory Council (SAC) this year.
What is SAC?
By law, every school in Florida must have a School Advisory Council. This council consists of teachers, support personnel, parents and community members. Fifty one percent of the council must be parents and/or community members not employed by the school.
Roles and Responsibilities:
· Are actively involved in developing our school’s mission.
· Attend monthly meetings (2nd Wednesday of month at 3:15)
· Approve Bylaws that govern how SAC business is conducted.
· Assist in the preparation of the school’s annual budget.
· Decide how to spend SAC fund to support the School Improvement Plan.
· Examine all aspects of the school when developing the School Improvement Plan.
· Decide jointly with school staff how to spend Florida School Recognition (A+) funds awarded by the state.
· Determine and prioritize the needs of the school.
· Assist in recruiting and retaining other SAC members
If this is a role you could see yourself in, please contact Kelly Coffin (firstname.lastname@example.org) by August 24th. Elections will be held the week of 8/31-9/7.
DOWNLOAD THE BPS APP TODAY TO GET MESSAGES FROM MANATEE
Manatee Elementary will notify parents about safety drills through the BPS APP.
BPS Mobile App - Generation 2
BPS recently upgraded its previous mobile app to the new and improved Blackboard Mobile Communications App, which integrates with all the school tools parents need—from school websites, newsletters, and mass notifications—for a more streamlined communication experience.
If you previously installed the BPS mobile app, make sure that you accept the update which will automatically upgrade to the Blackboard Mobile platform. Need to download the app?
2. Once downloaded, click on settings and start following your student’s school today.
3. Select the types of notifications you wish to receive.
Peachjar - Digital Flyers
Our district has launched a new electronic flyer communication tool called “Peachjar.”
This “green” initiative will save our schools tons of paper and reduce copy costs by thousands of dollars. On top of that, posting school flyers in this electronic backpack removes a significant administrative burden from teachers, office staff, and volunteers.
No action is required on your part.
To view school-approved eflyers, simply click the Peachjar button on the school’s website.
Parents will receive a welcome email from Peachjar that includes a username and password. This is provided to give you the opportunity to manage your account and flyer delivery preferences. You do not need to login to receive or view school eflyers.
August 20 - Kindergarten wear Red
August 21 - Kindergarten wear Orange & PTO Meeting in Media Center 2:45 pm
August 22 - Kindergarten wear Yellow
August 23 - Kindergarten wear Green
August 23 - Ice Cream Social & Wellness Night (5:30-6:30 pm) and Open House (6:00-7:00 pm)
August 24 - Kindergarten wear Manatee t-shirt
August 24 - Early Release at 1:15 pm
August 27 - 31 - PTO Fall fundraiser begins
August 27 - Kindergarten wear Blue
August 28 - Kindergarten wear Purple, First Grade Parent Night 5:30 pm & Volunteer Orientation 8:15 am
August 29 - Kindergarten wear Black & Sixth Grade Parent Night 5:30 pm
August 30 - Kindergarten wear Black, Green Committee Kickoff Party at 2:45 pm & Fifth Grade Parent Night 5:30 pm
August 31 - Kindergarten wear Favorite Color & Early Release at 1:15 pm