January 15, 2015
What's Happening at BGHS
Make Up Days
- Monday, January 19 (Martin Luther King, Jr. Day)
- Monday, February 16 (Presidents' Day).
If additional days are missed due to inclement weather, we will notify you of when those days will be made up.
DECA Students Compete at Regional Competition
Of the students who attended the competition, seven qualified for the state competition, which gives them the chance to vie for a spot at in the national competition. The students who qualified for the state competition are as follows:
- Tia Ramsey
- Jessica Kaiser
- Blake Bragg
- Allison Richart
- Zac Capps
- Avery Solomon
Congratulations and good luck at the state competition!
For more information about DECA, visit www.deca.org.
This year, the 2014-2015 yearbook will be in full color! To place an order, go towww.yearbookordercenter.com and use order number 8750. Prices will soon be rising. Don't wait, order today!
ATTENTION ALL PARENTS OF SENIORS: The BGHS Publications staff is selling advertisement space in the yearbook for parents looking to celebrate their students' success. You can choose to feature a number of different aspects such as photos, quotes, or personal messages. 1/8 of a page ad: $40. 1/4 of a page ad: $70. If you are interested in placing an ad for your 2015 graduate, go to www.yearbookordercenter.com and use order number 8750. Any questions, comments, or concerns, please contact Mark Folger firstname.lastname@example.org.
Be sure to get your order in as soon as possible, the deadline is March 2nd!
BG Idol Auditions will take place on Monday, January 19, from 3:30 - 8:30 p.m.
- Auditions will be on a first come, first-served basis.
- All participants should enter the high school Mike McMorrow Auditorium entrance: Door 28W
Suggested audition times:
- High school: 3:30- 4:30pm
- Elementary/South Grove: 4:30-6:30pm
- Middle school: 7-8pm
- High school: 8-8:30pm
BG Idol will be presented on two nights: The Junior Division performances will be held on Thursday, January 22, at 7 p.m.; with the Senior Division and Finals on Friday, January 23, at 7 p.m. Don't miss this exciting annual event!
Coaches vs. Cancer
In addition, five families were recognized for their battles with cancer. Personal stories about each family were told, and two of the families who are currently battling cancer were presented with checks to help with the financial burden of their fight.
Throughout the week before the game and at the game, students were able to participate in a ribbon competition. Students were able to purchase a ribbon for $1. The class that purchased the most ribbons was able to pie some of the teachers in the face at half time of the boys' game. The sophomore class won this competition.
Pictures from the evening can be seen below.
January 7-14 Athletic Results
- JV Boys Basketball @ Roncalli 62-56 W
- Varsity Boys Basketball vs. Roncalli 48-58 L
- Varsity Girls Basketball vs. Roncalli 38-65 L
- Boys Swim & Dive ICC Tournament: 1st Place-- Conference Champions
- Boys Swim & Dive @ Shelbyville 70-32 W
- Boys Swim & Dive vs. Pendleton Heights 48-54 L
- Varsity Girls Basketball @ Triton Central 47-58 L
Upcoming Events: January 15-21
- Boys Swim & Dive vs. Greenwood 5:30 pm
- Varsity Wrestling vs. Triton Central 6:30 pm
- JV & Varsity Girls Basketball @ Whiteland 6:00 pm
- JV Boys Basketball- Invitational
- Freshman Boys Basketball vs. Triton Central 6:00 pm
- Boys Swim & Dive @ Indian Creek 9:30 am
- Girls Swim & Dive @ Indian Creek 9:30 am
- Varsity Wrestling- ICC Tournament (Home) 9:00 am
- JV & Varsity Girls Basketball @ Speedway 1:00 pm
- Boys Swim & Dive vs. Broad Ripple 5:30 pm
- Girls Swim & Dive vs. Broad Ripple 5:30 pm
- JV & Varsity Boys Basketball @ Morristown 6:00 pm
- Freshman Boys Basketball @ Cardinal Ritter 6:00 pm
- JV & Varsity Girls Basketball vs. New Palestine 6:00 pm