Welcome to Kennedy
DATES TO REMEMBER
1st - 10th - Food Drive
9th - Holiday Train 8:30 PM at the Downtown Depot
24th - January 1st - Holiday Break
12th - Beauty & the Beast free play at 11:00 - High School Auditorium
15th - Healthy Snack Program - 2nd Semester Payment Due
17th - Last day of 1st Semester
22nd - First day of 2nd Semester
24th - Kindergarten Registration 5:30 - 7:00 PM
30th - 1st Semester Report Cards sent home/2nd Semester Report Cards sent home 6/5/19
Weekly Character Trait - Responsibility
2019-2020 KINDERGARTEN REGISTRATION
Countdown to Kindergarten
Hastings Raiders Class of 2032
Thursday, January 24, 2019
Visit anytime from 5:30 - 7:00 p.m.
You and your child are invited to visit kindergarten classrooms, meet kindergarten teachers, turn in registration/enrollment forms, and tour the school. This event is free for families. To find out which elementary school to attend for this event, you can use the elementary attendance boundary maps (http://www.hastings.k12.mn.us/about_us/district_maps)
or call (651) 480-7000.
If you would like to bring completed kindergarten registration forms, here are a list of forms (there is no need to have all of them ready to participate in the Countdown to Kindergarten event):
1. Student Registration Form
2. Minnesota Language Survey
3. Ethnic and Racial Demographic Designation Form
4. Non-household Emergency Contact Form
5. A copy of your child's birth certificate. Your child must be five years old on or before September 1, 2019.
6. Proof of early childhood screening. If your child was screened in ISD 200, we will have the screening report on file. If your child was screened in another district, you will need to provide the screening report to your child's school at the time of registration. If you do not have a copy of the screening report, you should contact the district that screened your child to request a copy. If your child has not been screened, please call (651) 480-7381 as soon as possible to schedule an appointment.
7. Verification of Residency - due at the time of registration. For those already living in the district - valid driver’s license, utility bill, etc. and for families moving to the district - lease agreement or home closing paperwork.
8. Student Immunization Form
9. If applicable: Legal documentation of guardianship - if person enrolling the child is not the parent, the district will require legal documentation before the child is enrolled.
10. If applicable: Daycare Transportation Form (this is only for daycare transportation within your attendance area)
Registration/Enrollment forms can be found under the “about us” section from any of the district websites: http://www.hastings.k12.mn.us/
WHAT TIME DOES SCHOOL START?
Drop off times are from 8:30 am-8:45 am. Children should not be dropped off before 8:30. If your child is going to breakfast, you may drop off at 8:25 am and have them go directly to the cafeteria.
If you need to drop off before the 8:30 bell, you can enroll your child in Kids Campus. Further information about Kid’s Campus can be obtained from the district’s website, the Pinecrest webpage, or from our office.
Please make sure your child(ren) arrive at school on time. Learning takes place in a carefully arranged environment that begins the minute your child arrives at school. When your child is late, he/she may not feel the connectedness with the class or have the opportunity to absorb learning in the best setting. To maximize instruction time and academic achievement for your child, as well as minimize disruption for the whole class, please avoid tardiness.
DRESS FOR THE WEATHER
If the temperature is below 0º fahrenheit, or the wind chill is around that level, we will keep the students inside during recess.
Beauty & the Beast
2nd through 4th grade Kennedy Elementary students and Prairie Fire Theatre are proud to present Beauty & the Beast on January 12th at 11:00 AM at the High School Auditorium.
Auditions will be Monday, January 7th.
Rehearsals will be Tuesday, January 8th through Friday, January 11th.
10 Days of Giving
This year’s food drive benefits Hastings Family Service. Merchants and area schools will collect monetary donations and non-perishable food items.
Donations can be dropped at Merchants Bank in Hastings, sent with students to school or can be brought to the Canadian Pacific Holiday Train visit to Hastings, at the Canadian Pacific Depot, 500 East Second Street, 8:30 p.m., December 9. Contact us for more information.
Most Needed Items:
- Monetary donations. Hastings Family Service can turn a $10 donation into 83 pounds of food.
- Side dishes (rice, pasta, potato and stuffing)
- 100% fruit juices
- Jelly or jam
- Pancake mix
- Canned fruit
- Soup, stew, chili and chow mein
- Laundry and dish detergent
- Toilet paper