RBHS BRIDGE Communication
Rock Bridge High School Newsletter: August 20, 2021
Mission: Rock Bridge High School is a community in which ALL students and staff inspire each other to become lifelong learners.
Hello Rock Bridge High School Families,
We are constantly striving to communicate clearly and in a timely manner with all RBHS stakeholders. This year you should expect to receive a monthly BRIDGE Communication. These will usually arrive during the third week of each month. BRIDGE Communications will come directly from the office of the principal and include information and explanations for relevant Rock Bridge issues and events. You will also be receiving our daily Info Bruin Announcements. The Info Bruin includes all of our daily announcements.
Below you will find information about the following.
- Jump Start Day for Class of 2025
- How to Read and Understand Your Schedule (from Counseling)
- RBHS Bell Schedule
- School Pictures Order Form
- 2021-22 Laptop Information
- CPS COVID Information
- 2021/2022 Parking and Entrance Procedures
- Parent Drop-off and Pick-up
- Back to School Night
- AUT Explained
- RBHS Open Lunch for Juniors and Seniors
- AUT and Lunch Leave Permission Form
- School Meals Update
- For the Love of the Game Reminder
- Back to School Connections Video (for families new to RB)
- 2021-2022 School Year Calendar
- 2021-2022 School Year AB Calendar
- RBHS July BRIDGE Communication
- September Schedule
We are looking forward to a great 2021-22 school year!
Jump Start Day for Class of 2025
RBHS 9th Graders, please join us Monday, August 23rd from 8:55 am to 1:30 pm. You will have a chance to meet your teachers, counselors, administrators, walk your full schedule, check out your computer and be apart of the RBHS famous roller-coaster! This day is designed to allow you to learn about our building without upperclassmen present. You will also receive your first Rock Bridge T-shirt.
THIS IS YOUR DAY, so be sure to take advantage of this opportunity!
How to Read and Understand Your Schedule
You can find your schedule in HomeAccess (HAC) under the Classes tab.
The Period will tell you which block the class meets. The Days column will tell you which day the class meets. Marking Periods tells you if the class is 1st semester (T2), 2nd semester (T3), or all year (T2, T3)
How to Read and Understand Your Schedule (continued)
2nd block classes look a little different because they are tied to lunches
- Period 2A-2D = the class eats C lunch (C lunch = 2E)
- Period 2A-2B, 2D-2E = the class eats B lunch (B lunch = 2C)
- Period 2B-2E = the class eats A lunch (A lunch = 2A)
Need more clarification on your lunch shift? Please see the attached What Lunch Do I Have? document 😊
You can use the Block Schedule Form (attached and also found on the Counseling website) to write out your schedule in an easier-to-read format (example below)!
ROCK BRIDGE HIGH SCHOOL
Picture Day is: August 24, 2021
Wagner Portrait Group will be photographing students for portrait packages & school records.
NEW! ONLY ONLINE ORDERS WILL BE ACCEPTED.
(Please do not bring checks, cash, or order forms to school as they will no longer be accepted. Use the link directly below to order your school pictures.)
CLICK HERE: https://bit.ly/37fmxlv
Online Pre-Order Password: 8A8Y3P5
Can’t order online or have other questions? We are happy to help! 314-567-5900 or 1-800-444-7986.
2021-2022 Laptop Information
- Freshman who attend Jump Start day on Aug. 23 will receive their laptops and chargers then. All other students will receive their laptops and chargers on the first day of school, August 24. Please be sure all laptops from last school year are returned as soon as possible to the Media Center.
- Laptops will need to be returned to the Media Center each year for updates, but beginning this year, laptop chargers will be kept by students for the entire time they are at Rock Bridge. All students are issued a charger at laptop checkout; those who need a replacement charger will be charged $20.
- It is very important that students label their chargers with their names.
- Laptops are an essential tool for learning, and students should come to school daily with their laptops charged. Students should also bring their labeled chargers every day.
- Laptop charging stations will be available in the Media Center. A limited number of chargers will be available for checkout in the Media Center as well.
- Students who forget their laptops will need to request a loaner laptop from their Assistant Principal.
CPS COVID Information
- Scholars and CPS employees will be required to wear a mask when indoors and on school buses.
- Scholars and CPS employees will not be required to wear a mask when outdoors.
- Visitors to our campuses will be required to wear a mask when indoors at all times.
Contact Tracing and Quarantine
In the event of close contact with an individual who tests positive for COVID-19:
- Quarantine is NOT required for fully vaccinated individuals who have no symptoms. You are considered fully vaccinated if:
- It has been 2 weeks since your second dose in a 2-dose series, of the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines, or
- It has been 2 weeks since your single-dose of the Johnson & Johnson’s vaccine.
- Quarantine is NOT required for individuals who consistently and correctly wear a mask and are 3 feet or more from a positive individual for less than 15 minutes of cumulative time within a 24-hour period and have no symptoms.
- Quarantine is NOT required for individuals who have tested positive and have completed their isolation period within in the last 3 months and have no symptoms.
- Contact tracing is done for those not wearing a mask, within 3 feet of the positive individual, indoors, for a cumulative time of 15 minutes or more within a 24-hour period.
- The district will continue with a 10-day quarantine if an individual is exposed to the virus or a 7-day quarantine if the individual obtains a negative PCR test (available through local health providers) between days 5 and 7 and shows no symptoms. Both the 10-day and the 7-day quarantine protocols also require an individual to wear a mask through day 14.
- The district continues to encourage all those who are eligible to get vaccinated. Vaccination status and mask-wearing are primary considerations in contact tracing and quarantine protocols. Vaccines are widely available in our community for those 12 and older. You can use this link to find a vaccine provider in our community: https://www.como.gov/covidvaccine/ (scroll to the ‘Need An Appointment’ section).
If your RBHS student receives the COVID vaccine, we recommend that you share documentation of that vaccine with the nurses’ office to be added to your child’s school immunization record. Record can be faxed to 214-3109 or emailed to Tammy Adkins at firstname.lastname@example.org or Danielle Lamm at email@example.com
Click here to see the entire August 13th update.
2021/2022 RBHS Parking and Entrance Procedures
Student Parking and Entrance
Almost all student parking spaces will be in the North Parking Lot. The North Entrance will be the entrance for students during the school day. There will be approximately 50 student parking spaces in the South Parking Lot. Each is marked with a painted yellow Bruin. These student spaces in the South Parking Lot will be available on a first come first serve basis each day. Students who park in the South Parking Lot will need to enter the school through the East Main Circle Drive Entrance.
Visitor Parking and Entrance
Visitors to Rock Bridge High School can park in the circle drive or along the east side of our South Parking Lot. We recommend that visitors planning a short visit to our school refrain from parking in the circle drive between 3:30 and 4:15 as our circle drive will be prioritized for school busses at that time. Cars parked in the visitor spaces during this time will not be free to leave until the busses exit our campus. Visitors to RBHS during the day should plan to enter the building at the East Main Circle Drive Entrance.
Parent Drop-off and Pick-up
Rock Bridge Families, getting in and out of our school at the beginning or end of day can be a challenge. Please read the following so you can assist in making this process as smooth as possible for all RBHS stakeholders.
Morning drop off should occur at the East Circle Drive. This is the same location that bus drop off will be occurring. Parents dropping off their students should remain in the left lane of the circle drive. Busses will be asked to remain on the right at this time.
Following the conclusion of the school day, parent pick up will occur at the South Parking Lot. It is common for there to be considerable congestion in all entries and exits at the end of our school day. Please consider picking up your child after our busses have exited the circle drive at 4:15. After 4:15 you can pick your child up at any location on the RBHS property.
Click here to view a video describing the process for arrival to RBHS including parking, parent drop-off, and entering the building.
Click here to view a video describing the process for dismissal from RBHS including exiting the parking lots, directional traffic, and parent pick-up.
RBHS Back to School Night
Alternating Unassigned Time (AUT)
Rock Bridge juniors and seniors assigned to an AUT are required to have a parent/guardian’s permission allowing them to leave campus during their AUT. This option is only available for juniors and seniors. Parents can give permission by completing the form linked below titled "AUT and Lunch Leave Permission Form".
RBHS Open Lunch for Juniors and Seniors
Parents can give permission for their student to leave campus for AUT and Lunch by completing this form. Only juniors and seniors are allowed to leave campus for AUT and/or Lunch.
School Meals Update
- All complete school meals (complete is defined as trays having the correct components) are free to all CPS students this year only ending June 30th, 2022
- Families must continue to complete a free and reduced-price application in order to receive any additional benefits that may be offered within our district, in the local community or at the state or federal level
- Our online application opens on August 9th and an e-mail, a text, and a phone call will go out to all student households announcing this information
- Attached is a copy of this year’s application and meal procedures
- EBT benefit questions can be answered by going to State Dept. of Social Services website at https://mydss.mo.gov or by calling 855-373-4636. Benefits are currently backlogged.
Back to School Connections Video
RBHS September Schedule
- August 20 - Football Jamboree at HHS at 6:00
- August 21 - Boys Soccer Jamboree at RBHS at 6:00 pm
- August 21 - Softball Jamboree at RBHS at 10:00 am
- August 23 - Jump Start Day for 9th Graders
- August 24 - First Day of School
- August 24 - Volleyball Green and Gold Game at 6:00 pm
- September 6 - NO SCHOOL Labor Day
- September 8 - Back to School Night 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm
- September 16th - IPR Grades Available to Families
- September 22nd - School Not in Session
Principal Serving Rock Bridge High School