Gifted and Talented
Online and Face-to-Face Professional Learning with Region 10
Coming Soon: New 6hr Update Opportunity
NEW UPDATE OPPORTUNITY: GT EXTENSION
Beginning in June LEISD is partnering with Region 10 to pilot an e-course that will allow you to extend the learning in content/strategy based professional learning and apply your new skills to tangible, classroom ready resources/activities/lesson-plans for GT Students.
This differentiated, competency based course will be available in 3hour and 6hour blocks, allowing for choice in the way you get your required hours.
Information will be available ASAP! Be on the lookout for the link and details!
Region 10 Advanced Academics Cohort
LEISD Training Requirements:
- ALL Kindergarten Teachers are required to have their Initial 30 hour training and 6 hour update.
- ALL Teachers working with GT Students are required to have their Initial 30-Hour Training and 6 Hour Update.
- ALL Pre-AP/AP Secondary Teachers are required to have their Initial 30-Hour Training & 6 Hour Update.
Online 30 Hour Initial Training
The enrollment codes listed below are necessary for registration, but should not be shared outside LEISD.
To take the online version of Part 1 & Part 2: When you go to register on Region 10 you will see a “Van” button. (Van/Little Elm was too long to fit!) The enrollment code for both 1 & 2 is Van16.
All other courses can be found from the main menu.
- GT Foundations Part 3-GTFound3
- GT Foundations Part 4-GTFound4
- GT Foundations Part 5-GTFound5
- Pick 6 (all sections)-r10aa
- GT Training for Administrators/Counselors-GTAdmin
These blended courses require 5-hours of face to face time on the date scheduled and one hour of online learning prior to attending the face to face session. Participants will be emailed the online component approximately one week before the course.
Six Hour Updates
Film Festival, National Speakers, Blended Learning, Outcome Base Credit-There are so many choices!!