Super Spike News
May 17, 2020
All of the yearbook cover contest submissions were spectacular and displayed great school spirit! It was a super tough decision! Our yearbook front cover yearbook winner is ... drum roll, please... Ryleigh Flynn. Congratulations Ryleigh!! Ryleigh's heartwarming yearbook cover is below. All of the other submissions will be placed on the back cover of the yearbook. Big applause to everyone and many thanks for participating!
Back Cover Winners
Thank you to Mrs. Wenger for being the mastermind behind the RES yearbook and this school year's yearbook cover contest. It is not too late to purchase a 2019-2020 yearbook (click here). More information will follow regarding yearbook distribution.
This is a friendly reminder that there is no school on Monday, May 25th in observance of Memorial Day.
I hope you are enjoying this beautiful summer-like weekend!
Be a Rainbow Spirit Day Photos
RES Spirit Day Fridays
Patriotic Day - Wear red, white, and blue.
Sports Day in honor of RES Field Day 2020 - Wear college, professional, or your own sports team’s gear!
Dress for Success Day in honor of our sixth graders!
Celebrate summer - Wear beach/Hawaiian outfits.
*Upload your Spirit Day pictures to the Google Photos Shared Album (link below). Pictures can also be emailed to email@example.com. The photos will be used to create a slideshow, to post to the Super Spike Newsletter and the RES website, and will be included in the RES yearbook. Additionally, access to the Google photo album will allow you to see schoolmates' photos.
Recess with Mrs. Winslow!
Attention 4th, 5th & 6th Grade Parents
As part of the yearly health curriculum, 4th, 5th, and 6th-grade students receive instruction on human growth and development. As part of our distance learning, we would like to extend this opportunity to your homes during this time. The link to the letter below contains links to videos that we encourage you to view with your child, as he/she would have done with the Physical Education teacher and School Nurse in the classroom. We understand that these can be difficult conversations to have with your children, but they are of great importance to our children’s health. If you prefer that your child does not receive this instruction please disregard this letter. Additional resources are provided in the letter below.
RES Celebrity Read-Alouds
Each week in the Smore newsletter, you will find a link to FIVE stories, each read aloud by one of our super staff members. Spread them out over the week, and you'll have a new bedtime story each day!
Support from Our School Counselor
During distance learning, there might be times in which students need the support of our school counselor, Mrs. O'Neill. She is available during this time to help students and their families. Please click here to access Mrs. O'Neill's website.
Student Wellness Activities
Picking Up Belongings from RES
Please refer to the following information if you plan to pick up personal items from RES at your assigned time on Wednesday, June 10th or Thursday, June 11th. Kindly keep in mind that the health, safety, and well-being of our staff, students, and families are the priority. This will be a short visit to collect personal belongings and essential materials from classrooms. Please know that accessing the building is completely voluntary.
Families are asked to adhere to the schedule below. Access times are assigned by student last name to minimize the number of people in the building at any one time. Thank you for your flexibility and understanding!
The schedule for Wednesday, June 10th is as follows:
- 8:30 - 9:00 - Student last name A-B
- 9:00 - 9:30 - Student last name C-D
- 9:30 - 10:00 - Student last name E-F
- 10:00 - 10:30 - Student last name G-H
- 10:30 - 11:00 - Student last name I-J
- 11:00 - 11:30 - Student last name K-L
- 11:30 - 12:00 - Student last name M
The schedule for Thursday, June 11th is as follows:
- 8:30 - 9:00 - Student last name N-O-P
- 9:00 - 9:30 - Student last name Q-R
- 9:30 - 10:00 - Student last name S
- 10:00 - 10:30 - Student last name T-U-V
- 10:30 - 11:00 - Student last names W-X-Y-Z
Below are the procedures that must be adhered to if you plan to access RES:
- You must enter and exit the building through the main entrance. That is the only entrance that will be unlocked. The doors will be propped open.
- You are only permitted in classrooms needed to gather essential/personal materials (no bathrooms, no cafeteria, no gym, etc.)
- It is asked that only one parent accompany their student/s into the building; non-attending siblings/family members are not permitted to enter the building.
- Please be thoughtful of our community by keeping all precautions as outlined by the CDC (https://www.cdc.gov/) and CR in mind. You must wear a face mask. Wash your hands or use hand sanitizer before coming into the building and when you leave the building. Keep the 6 ft. social distancing guidelines in mind when you see other families or students. Go only to the necessary classroom(s) and limit the things that you touch as you go there.
- If you are feeling sick, have a temperature over 100 degrees, or are having respiratory symptoms, please stay home. If you cough or sneeze, please do so into a tissue or your sleeve. If you want to wear gloves, please do so. We need to take care of ourselves and each other!
- I will be in the office, but the office will not be open. I will also be practicing social distancing. As always, if you have any questions or concerns, I can be reached by email. Staff members will not be in the building during student pick up days.
- Homeroom teachers will email parents following this communication to give any guidance, direction, or additional information that may be helpful. As all of our teachers have their own unique circumstances during this time, classrooms may look or be organized differently. **Please bring a bag with you to take home personal items.
- We are not asking families to return items at this time (library/textbooks, instruments, etc.)
- This family/student visit is optional. There is no expectation at this time that families come to school to clean out desks and take home all supplies, student work, etc. for the summer. This is just an opportunity to pick up needed supplies or personal items. We plan to schedule additional opportunities to access the building once restrictions are lifted.
Summer Programs Update
Council Rock School District is canceling its Summer Music Program, Summer Academic and STEM Academy, Title 1 Summer Camp, and Camp Invention. Any registrations and payments received will be returned to families over the next several weeks.
Please note that Camp Invention is offering an at-home alternative this summer. The Council Rock Director, Christine Marsden, will reach out in a few days with additional details on how to sign up for the at-home version and/or get a full refund.
For questions about these three summer programs, please contact Dr. Susan Elliott, Assistant Superintendent for Teaching and Learning via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for your understanding. Please stay safe and well.
A Message from Central Registration...
On-Line Registration is now fully open! Please go to the CRSD site at www.crsd.org and click on the Student Registration tab.
You can submit your completed registration by using instructions listed on the site. Once your file is reviewed, we will be in contact to complete the process via e-signature. Please do not forget applications must be submitted by June 1st to guarantee a spot in your student’s home school!
If you have any questions please reach out to our registration department at email@example.com.
Free and Reduced Lunch
To apply for free lunch during the COVID-19 school closure, you may:
- Download the Free and Reduced Lunch Application, fill it out, and email back to Karen Moody firstname.lastname@example.org. DO NOT send your application via US mail to the district office as there is no mail being delivered to our buildings during this time.
- Apply online by visiting: https://www.compass.state.pa.us/compass.web/Public/CMPHome (the website offers language options other than English)
You will only need to submit one application per household, even if your children attend more than one school in Council Rock School District. Eligibility determination is made using federal income eligibility guidelines and applicants will be informed of a decision within two business days of submission.
Throughout the duration of the COVID-19 school closure, Council Rock School District is offering a “grab and go” food service. If your family qualifies for free or reduced-price lunch, you will be given instructions as to how to access these meals when you are notified your child is eligible.
For questions, please email email@example.com