Week Ahead for Our Jayhawk Families
September 30 - October 4
Big shout outs go to...
Aiden A, Aiden C, Paige, Emmett, Sabrina, Sierra, Ethan, Chase, Liam, Trent, Byron & Vivian who helped out at Indigo. You helped us raise over $1000 just in one day!!!! The final total will be in a few weeks!
This Week and Beyond...
- Orange Shirt Day
- Queen's Engineering Tech 'n Tinker Trailer and Robotics workshops for Gr. 5 - 8 students
- no music for Gr. 6 - 8 today
- school interior painting starts today at the office end of the school
Tuesday - Day 5
Wednesday - Day 1
- Monopoly Club today @ 1:15
- Harry Potter Club today
- Karate Kids today
- Author visit - Dr. Rich Meyrich (Bocking, Cahill, MacDonald) 9:40 in the library
Thursday - Day 2
- Terry Fox Run - 2:30
Friday - Day 3
- Gr. 8 day @ LaSalle
TERRY FOX RUN
The Terry Fox School Run is fast approaching at Joyceville Public School and there is still time to donate online. Help our students make a difference in the lives of so many Canadians affected by cancer. Donate at: http://www.terryfox.ca/JoycevillePSJoyceville
If your child is using the pledge form that was sent home, please return it by October 3rd.
We will be fundraising for our Gr. 7-8 Quebec City trip through www.flipgive.com. Our team code is JYRJZ6. As most of us do online shopping, all we have to do is log in through flipgive and then follow their links to amazon, etc. Each purchase will return a small percentage back to our school, plus it costs us nothing extra to raise funds, just a couple of extra clicks! The whole school community is being given this link and you are encouraged to share it with your friends and family.
All funds raised will go directly to offsetting the cost of this trip for JPS students.
Thank you for your assistance.
If you have any questions regarding this trip please don’t hesitate to contact me at the school or send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Safe Arrival & Pick Up
Here's a few reminders...
- enter south/west (closest to Hwy 401), exit north/east (closest to Hwy 15) - as usual
- additional parking spaces are by the fence - please park in open parking spaces or on the road (please never park in the bus lane - this is also our emergency vehicle route)
- buses will enter the parking lot single file (so students will not have to go through the parking lot to to embark/disembark)
- student drop off/pick up zone is the area just outside the office windows by the planters - for safety reasons, students and parents may NOT walk in between the buses to get to and from vehicles
- the accessible parking is the first/closest parking space in the lot
Donate your old JPS swag!
Paper copies: We will not be sending home paper copies this year. Wendy will have a few at the office if you'd like to stop by and pick one up each week.
Newsletter email list: If you wish to add or delete an an email, please complete the google form at the link below and submit or complete the form below and return to school or jot us a note with your email address.