What's Been Going on in Room 25?
- ELA- This week we started learning about historical fiction. We are working on a play called When Girls Ruled Baseball. You have probably seen the movie A League of Their Own, this play is a rendition of the movie. Students also learned about making inferences this week. Ask your child about the shoe that mysteriously showed up in our classroom. ;)
- Writing- Realistic Fiction- We are nearing the end of our realistic fiction unit. This week we focused on using commas in a series correctly. We also talked about spelling homophones correctly.
- Math- Topic 4- Addition and Subtraction of Whole Numbers- This week we worked on learning some new algorithms for adding and subtracting, as well as the traditional method. We also practiced estimating sums and differences.
- Social Studies -5 Regions of Missouri
Student of the Month
Superhero of the Week
Congratulations to the week's Superhero of the Week, Sydney. Sydney is a great friend to have in class. Her favorite color is blue and her favorite sport is softball. She admires her mom and Ms. Smith. :) Way to go, Sydney!
Join us on Tuesday, October 25th, for McTeacher's Night. I will be working from 6:00-7:00.
Pie in the Face Fundraiser
On Saturday, October 22nd, The Mug will be sponsoring this contest. The school that raises the most money will see their principal get a pie in the face. This will take place at the Pumpkins and Mums Festival. The winning school will win $100.
Upcoming Events and Reminders
- 10/14- Homecoming- Out at 1:35
- 10/18-End of 1st Quarter
- 10/22- Pie Eating Contest
- 10/25- McTeacher's Night
- 10/27- 4th Grade Musical
- 10/28- Fall Party