Holly Academy News & Views
October 14, 2022
Wow! We had a FANTASTIC Fall on the Farm today! A HUGE thank you to the Holly Academy PTO, and especially Angie Cryderman, for planning and organizing this awesome event! Thank you to the parent volunteers for spending their time volunteering for today's Art Smart event! It's great to be a Husky!
What a great time of year! The leaves are changing, Halloween and Thanksgiving are quickly approaching and the end of the 1st marking period is right around the corner. Please make sure if you have questions about a class and or curriculum reach out to your student's teacher or feel free to contact the office.
Testing has been completed and we are so proud of our Huskies for the great job they did!
Is still occurring on Monday mornings for all staff and middle school students from 7:30-7:55am in the lobby of the main gym. Thank you to all the parents who have already volunteered.
Lunches will start up again on October 21st. Here is the upcoming schedule and a link to sign up to volunteer.
October 21st - 8th grade
November 4th - 7th grade
November 11th - 6th grade
Number Sense November
Is quickly approaching at Holly Academy. Students will be involved in several activities that stress the importance of numbers and math. To kick off Number Sense November we will be celebrating mole day this year with our students. If you want to learn more about mole day, be sure to ask your students about what it is.
The following interventions are offered to students in our elementary building:
Math Power Up:
All students in second, third, fourth, and fifth grade receive a math intervention block called "Math Power Up". Highlights of this specialized program include:
25 minutes, 5 days per week
Most students remain in their homeroom class
STAR Math scores designate an individualized learning path on Freckle to address areas of weakness/challenge
Interventionists push into each homeroom class to collaborate with teachers and reteach skills and monitor student progress while working on the Freckle program
Reading Power Up:
All students in kindergarten, first, and second grade receive a reading intervention block called “Reading Power Up”. Highlights of this specialized program include:
· 30 minutes, 4 days per week
· All students in a grade level are grouped according to reading ability
· Each group meets in a special location and receives targeted reading instruction at their reading level, by a teacher or interventionist
· Students at all ability levels (low, average, and high) receive differentiated reading instruction
Mrs. Craven (firstname.lastname@example.org) is happy to answer any questions about our Response to Intervention (RTI)/MTSS (Multi-Tiered System of Supports program).
From the Board of Directors
Transportation to School
HAEF Fall Event
You asked...We listened! New date for the Casino Bus Fundraiser. The event will now be on December 3rd, 1pm-9pm. Register by November 18th to join the fun.
The $40 per person fee includes $20 in Play, $10 in Food, and $10 in Bingo plus fun on the bus there and back.
Don't miss your opportunity to purchase your 2022-23 Yearbook at the "Early Bird Special" price. The special pricing only lasts until November 23rd!
Dentist R Us
The dentist team will be here on Friday, October 21st. Forms were sent home Monday, October 3rd. If you would like your child to participate please return the completed form to the office by Monday, October 17th. Extra forms are available in the office or you can download one from the link below. If you have any questions please contact the office.
Monday, October 17th
Away at Eton Academy at 5:00pm
Wednesday, October 19th
Away at Eton Academy at 5:00pm
Saturday, October 22nd
Tournament at Holly Academy begins at 8:30am
Michigan Jaguars Soccer
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to call 810-252-0330 or email email@example.com
Popcorn Volunteers Needed
2022-23 PTO Volunteer Opportunities
HOLLY ACADEMY PTO IRON ON UNIFORM PATCHES
Uniform patches can be ironed onto clothing items to make them dress code appropriate.
- Add the patch to a crewneck sweatshirt (approved dress code colors only)
- Add the patch to a zip-up fleece jacket (approved dress code colors only)
If you have any questions regarding the patches, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Oct. 17 - Book Fair begins
- Oct. 19 - Board of Directors meeting at 5:30pm in media center
- Oct. 19 - Unity Day, students may dress down if they wear a Stand Up to Bullying shirt or orange shirt
- Oct. 20 - Book Fair ends
- Oct. 21 - PTO dress-down day, $1.00
- Oct. 24 - 28 - Spirit Week
- Oct. 31 - Happy Halloween
- Nov. 1 - Picture re-take day
- Nov. 4 - PTO dress-down day, $1.00
- Nov. 9 - PTO meeting at 8:00am in the auditorium
- Nov. 11 - PBIS dress-down day, $1.00
- Nov. 16 - Board of Directors meeting at 5:30pm in media center
- Nov. 18 - PTO dress-down day, $1.00