By R.J. Palacio
By: Amber Younie Period Four
# Antagonist are Characters
When it all started...
- Setting - Upper Manhattan in New York
- School - Beecher Prep
- Main Characters
- Supporting Characters
- Julian August's friend
- Jack August's friend
- Summer August's friend
- Mom August's Mother
- Dad August's Father
- Daisy August's Dog
- Via August's sister
- Mr. Tushman the principal
- Nurse Molly works at Beecher Prep
- Justin Via's boyfriend
- Simile/ Metaphor
- One metaphor is on page 204 it says," the universe was not kind to Auggie Pullman". That is a metaphor because the universe can not be nice to somebody.
- One simile is on page 10 it says," when my head is laying on Via's lap she is like my pillow." That is a simile because you are comparing Via's lap to a pillow.
Plot of Story
2 Figurative Languages
One personification in Wonder is on page 14 it says;" Lets fix them up on a blind date." That is personification because you can't have a blind date and it is comparing to real life situations.
One alliteration in wonder is on page 118 the quote says," words cant bring you down." That is an alliteration because words don't have actions and it is saying words have actions.
5 Vocabulary Words
1. Page 4 , petrified. Definition- Frightening.. It was so petrified when my bird bit me.
2. page 221, hysterically. Definition- very funny... It was hysterically to see my dog race a cat.
3. Page 221, streaming. Definition- transmitting... I was streaming a picture on to Facebook 4. Page 221, sadder. Definition- sad... I have never seen her sadder then the world.
5. Page 223, whimpering. Definition- whine or cry... My dog whimpers when I don't hold him.