Solve Multiplication Facts
Today you will be creating models of multiplication problems.
- Read through the entire process.
- Check out Mr. Smith's multiplication trick video below.
- Visit www.multiplication.com, select a game, and practice some multiplication facts that are a little more challenging for you. Spend about 10 minutes practicing.
- View the video: Solve Multiplication Problems Using Arrays.
- Take a look at some of the arrays and multiplication problems below the video.
- In your notebook, draw arrays for the following problems:
6 x 8
4 x 9
7. Return to the worksheet and answer the questions there.
2. VIDEO: Mr. Smith's Multiplication Trick
Teacher Tipster (Multiplication Facts Trick)
4. VIDEO: Solve Multiplication Problems Using Arrays
Solve multiplication problems using arrays (1) - 4.NBT.5
5. VIEW: Click on each picture to view the array. Make sure to notice the multiplication problem that it represents.
4 x 4 = 16
In this array, there are 4 rows x 4 columns.
4 x 7 = 28
In this array, there are 4 rows x 7 columns.
6 x 3 = 18
In this array, there are 6 rows x 3 columns.