Ms. Mac's Memos
Week of July 28th
Mission & Vision
Park Street Mission:
We Learn. We Grow. We Thrive.
Park Street Vision:
Our vision is to provide a collaborative foundation for successful learning and living through:
P- Positive Experiences
S- Supporting all students
E- Engaging with the community and creating
S- Students of excellence
Week at a Glance
- 8:00-10:00- 1st, 3rd & 4th Math District PD (Sawyer Road)
- 8:30-11:30- K & 2 UOS PD w/Hannah in Media Center
- 1:00-3:00- 1, 3, 4 & 5 UOS PD w/ Hannah in Media Center
District Professional Learning Day
*Look for schedule of PL sessions included in pre-planning folder
Required Sessions Include:
Schoology- Grades K-12 (1 hour)
Pearson Math- Grades K, 2, 5, 6-11 (2 hours)
Phonics- Grade 1 (2 hours)
Mandatory Reporter Protocol for Counselors (2 Hours)
- Sneak-A-Peek 8:30-10:30 (Wear your new Park Street construction shirt)
- 2:00-3:00- Last Minute reminders for the first day of school
- First day of school (please dress nicely- no jeans) We will have visitors from the school board as well as elected officials in the building.
Challenge for the Week...
I am very excited for this school year! I think we have an incredible staff that is ready to impact the lives of students in positive ways. I look around on social media and see the postings of the new team members, and I think of how fortunate your new students are to have teachers like you. I believe we will accomplish great things this year!!
I am challenging you this week to write two notes of affirmation for someone at school, and remind them of why they are special and how they are impacting your life. Have a wonderful week and thank you for all you do to help Park Street Learn, Grow, and Thrive.
Here is the link: https://forms.gle/bV3zaThjrEigSPWa6
- Post-It note chart paper pads
- Student Agendas (3rd-5th grades)
- Math White boards (K-2)
- Copy Paper
- Bus, car, walker, after school tags- these are new (K-2)
- EXCEL Leader Posters
1. Adopt a growth mindset. Kids need to hear that their abilities are not “fixed” at birth, and that there is always room to improve.
2. Model kind behavior.
3. Get creative.
4. Build healthy habits. Students learn best when their physical and emotional needs are met.
5. Love unconditionally.
Who to contact:
Heather- ELA and Social Studies
Sharon- Math and Science
This year the co-coaching practice will be used by Heather and Sharon.
Capturing Kids Hearts Ideas...
- Supply orders will be placed on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
- Pink sheets should be submitted to me by 3:30pm on Mondays and Wednesdays for approval, otherwise they will wait until the following week.
- Pink sheets can be placed in the box outside of my office door.
We will still do the staff Shout-Outs below, but it is nice to receive a personal note as well.
Staff Shout Outs... (final shout outs from last year)
1. Ann Rakestraw
Ann is an amazing ESOL team leader and friend. She is very diligent in communicating with our team about meetings, responsibilities, and new information. She always allows us opportunities for input when decisions have to be made. Ann cares about her team members deeply and often encourages us with treats or funny texts. She is a treasure to us and an asset to the students and teachers she supports. Great Job Ann!!!
2. Dr. Caldwell
Thank you Dr. Caldwell for all the love and support you provide to the SPED Department. We love and appreciate you for all you do to help us, as we support SWD!!!!
3. ESOL Team
Thank you for all of your diligence and endless hours spent on all of the changes and hiccups we had with EOY paperwork this year! You are THE BEST!! I appreciate you! Ann
4. Amanda Cobb
For showing up every week to work with MILE and Talent development with excitement and enthusiasm! You are reliable and so fun to work with.
5. Christine Rodriguez
You always have a smile on your face and a warm greeting for all staff, parents, and students no matter what is going on around you. Thank you for being YOU!
6. Tressa Banks
Thank you for bringing items to assist and help my students with their behavior needs.
7. Park St. Family
Thank you for all that you do in education and
your team work daily. Love you all. Have a great Summer.