Meadow Brook Magic
Week 24: February 4th-15th
Reptile Day in Ms. James's Class
Mustang Monday Message
I hope you all had a wonderful weekend!
A few weeks ago, the state published school report cards. Schools are no longer given a letter grade, but are given scores based on student academic proficiency and growth in core subject areas. Our school scored equal to, or higher than, the state and the school district (LEA) on proficiency scores. More importantly, I was absolutely thrilled to see that our school ranked "high" in growth for science, math, and language arts. What does that mean? That means our students are making exceptional growth in all three content areas! I am so proud of our wonderful students for all of the hard work they put into school! I am also proud of our teachers for their meticulous efforts to ensure our students are learning and growing. Last but certainly not least, I know I speak for the staff when I say thank you to each of you incredible parents for all that you do to partner with us to help students! I am convinced we have the best students, parents, and teachers in the district—thank you!
Meadow Brook's Report Card
Meadow Brook Reading Round-Up Fundraiser
* Tuesday, February 12th & Wednesday, February 13th: Nebo STEM Fair @ Summit Center
* Thursday, February 14th: Valentine's Day
* Friday, February 15th: Spring Picture Day, Fundraiser Assembly
* February 18-22th: Students get Pledges from Family & Friends
* Monday, February 18th: President's Day- No school
* Friday, February 22nd: 9:30 Shelter in Place drill, Netsmart Assemblies
* Monday, February 25th: Crazy Hair Day
* Tuesday, February 26th: Stripe Day, Pastries with Parents @ 7:45-8:55 am
* Wednesday, February 27th: Hat Day
* Thursday, February 28th: Favorite Book Character, Reading Round-Up Family Event from 5:30-7:30 pm
* Friday, March 1st: Dr. Seuss Day, School Read-A-Thon
* Thursday, March 7th: Pledge Money Due
Let us know how we are doing
Pie in Miss Balli's Face?!?!
Our current total (as of what was picked up on January 31st) is 2653 box tops.
Our school goal (adding up to just 6 box tops/student) is 4000. The deadline to reach the 4000 - in order to see Miss Balli get a pie in her face - is February 11th. That's just one week away!! If we continue at the rate we have been going (250-400 box tops every 9 days on average), Miss Balli's face is safe from pie!!
Remember that if the box top is expired, no need to turn it in. They will not count toward our school total.