Today is THE day!
Heritage Middle School Graduation-May 19, 2021
Dear 8th Grade Families and Students,
This letter contains many details regarding graduation. Please read carefully and if you have any questions, call the school office at (708) 458-7590.
● Enter the stadium at Entrance S2 which is accessible from 71st street to drop your student off.
● Please plan to drop your student off at the stadium between 6:00 pm - 6:15 pm at Gate C.
- Teachers will be at Gate C greeting the graduates.
● After dropping your student off, exit the parking lot at S2, and turn right, back out onto 71st street
● Just before the overpass, you will see the sign for Entrance S1
● Enter at Entrance S1 and park in the parking lot-Section B.
● Parents and Guests will enter the stadium through Gate B and go up the stairs to the seating area.
● Students will be sitting in Sections 125-131.
● Parents/Guardians/Guests will be sitting in Sections 104-111.
● Please do not bring balloons into the stadium with you so they do not block the view for other parents/guests.
● Handicap Guests: Enter Gate E (you will need to knock on the door) and take the elevator to the 3rd floor. You will sit in section 133 near the students.
After the Ceremony
● At the conclusion of the ceremony, graduates will be dismissed and meet their families in Section B of the parking lot. Please plan to meet up with your child in Section B.
● Students, should not wear pointy heels! They will need to walk on grass to receive their diploma and the heels will sink in. Wear flats or wedges.
● Students need to wear their cap and gown. Do not forget your tassel!
● Even if it is a nice day, it will get cooler in the evening and we were told that there is usually a breeze blowing in the stadium. Dress for a little cooler weather than the predicted forecast that day!
● All Students/Parents/Guardians/Guests must wear a mask while in the stadium. Pictures/Videotaping/Livestream
● The graduation ceremony will be livestreamed on our Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/summitschooldistrict104/) for family members who cannot attend and wish to watch the graduation ceremony from home. There will be a link on our website for the livestream.
● Parents/Guardians/Guests will not be allowed on the field during the ceremony to take pictures. You may take as many pictures as you would like from your seats.
● We will continue to monitor the weather throughout the day. If a rain cancelation is necessary, we will post this information on our website and send a text blast.
Let’s get excited—the day is finally here!