Dr. Manno's Bedford Central Brief, Edition #4, Summer 2016
SPECIAL EDITION #2: IMPORTANT UPDATE ABOUT WEST PATENT ELEMENTARY SCHOOL CONSTRUCTION & SCHOOL OPENING SCHEDULE
Where do we stand?
The start of school for WPES students ONLY will be Tuesday, September 6th. The two days missed will be rescheduled as follows:
- September 1st --> made up on March 17th, half day for students previously scheduled for parent-teacher conferences
- September 2nd --> made up on October 28th, half day for students previously scheduled for parent-teacher conferences.
- During October and March, parents may schedule their parent-teacher conferences directly with teachers. The district will be providing a half-day release-time to each WPES teacher during these two months to accommodate conferences.
- The first two days of school for our Kindergarten students, as usual, are half days with a 12:30 p.m. dismissal. For WPES, those days will be September 6th and 7th.
- More detailed information will be provided by the principal.
A note from Dr. Manno and the Board of Education
We would like to express our gratitude to the staff and volunteers who participated on our committee to analyze this issue and provide input so we could make the best decision for our students and families. We would also like to thank the many parents and community members who reached out and offered assistance. This challenge made clear the spirit of caring and service that is strong in BCSD.
A Message for Staff
Local Child Care Providers for Families
We have reached out to various daycare providers for children, and offer this information for the convenience of families.
Country Children's Center
P.O. Box 91
Katonah, New York 10536
Polly Peace, Executive Director
For general information: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone: (914) 242-0520 ext. 201
Fax: (914) 242-0718
Boys & Girls Club of Northern Westchester
351 Main Street
Mt. Kisco, New York 10549
Barbara Cutri, Director of Operations