Merryhill School News
CPS Angel Tree
We still have a few angels remaining on our trees. The gifts are due back by next Monday, December 4th. Our 4th, 5th, and 6th grade students will be delivering the gifts on Wednesday, December 6th. Thank you for your support of this wonderful program!
Build-a-Buddy / Fundraiser Prizes
The Build-a-Buddy is also available for purchase by anyone. Order forms are available in the office.
Upcoming Holiday Events
- Polar Express Family Night - Friday, December 8th - This is a fun family event with crafts, treats, and a special holiday visitor! We hope that you and your family join us in your pajamas for a trip on the Polar Express! The fee is $20 per family, and the registration and payments are due by today.
- Parent's Night Out - Friday, December 15th - This is an awesome chance to a "kid-free" evening for holiday shopping, fun, or just a quiet evening while your children are safe and having a wonderful time here with us! We will provide dinner, crafts, bedtime snack, and much more! Registration and payments are due by Wednesday, December 6th.
- Holiday Programs - Kindergarten and 1st Grade will be held on Friday, December 8th at 3:00 p.m., and 2nd through 6th Grades are held on Friday, December 15th at 3:00 p.m. We hope all of our families are able to join us for these wonderful performances! Students are receiving specific information regarding attire / costumes.
We are excited about the amazing academic growth that we are already seeing in our Pre-Kindergarten students and look forward to them all continuing in our Kindergarten program for the 2018-2019 school year.
I hope that all students register for our Kindergarten Club; it is a wonderful opportunity to understand what Merryhill Kindergarten will look like! As a reminder, the Club is for the students; parents are not expected to attend.
We will be having winter parties and a book exchange in every classroom on Thursday, December 21st. The sign up sheets for the parties will be posted on each classroom door beginning today. Please sign up to bring an item. In addition, we ask that each child bring a wrapped book that is appropriate for your child's age for the book exchange. There is a $10 price limit on the books.
We will also be posting sign up sheets for the elementary students beginning today for both early dismissal on Friday, December 22nd (11:00 a.m.) and for Winter Break (December 26-29, January 2-5, and January 8). Please understand that students must be signed up to attend; there will be a $20 fee if a student comes on a day that they are not signed up for.
We will also be sending our Winter Break field trips and activities for our elementary students. We look forward to a fun time for all!
Please be reminded that tuition is still the same price during those weeks. Preschool students only have the option to request one vacation week per year with the following criteria:
- Must be requested in writing at least two week's in advance
- Student must have been enrolled for six consecutive months
Elementary tuition remains the same as all other school weeks.
Parenting Resources - Be Grateful
As we help to guide our children to understand the concept of being grateful for all that we have, this link has a great guide of 25 days of activities able to be done as a family. This starts today and goes through December 25th.
- December 4: CPS Angel Tree gifts due
- December 5: Cookie decorating activity
- December 6: 4th, 5th, and 6th grade students deliver gifts to CPS offices
- December 6: Build-a-buddy
- December 7: Kindergarten Club
- December 8: Kindergarten and First Grade holiday program 3:00 p.m.
- December 8: Polar Express Family Night 7:00-8:30 p.m.
- December 11-15: Snow Time Shop
- December 12: Third Grade enrichment trip to Bass Hall to see "The Nutcracker"
- December 15: 2nd - 6th Grade holiday program 3:00 p.m.
- December 15: Parent's Night Out 6:45-10:00 p.m.
- December 18: School Spelling Bee 9:00 a.m.
- December 19: Lunch Bunch
- December 21: Holiday Parties / Book Exchange
- December 22: Spirit Day
- December 22: Early dismissal 11:00 a.m.
- December 25: School closed
- December 26-29: Winter Break
- January 1: School closed
- January 2-5: Winter Break
- January 8: Winter Break
- January 9: Classes resume