DS TECH NEWS
...tech tips, best practices and resources
What's New This Week?
EdPuzzle Premium is free until the end of the year! Any teacher who hasn't been upgraded or hasn't registered to Edpuzzle, can log in or sign up through their school link and will be upgraded automatically: https://edpuzzle.com/schools/join/6eztur
Zoom has a new upgrade: Zoom 5.0
How to Find these Newsletters? To keep track of weekly newsletters, I will be adding them to the DS website with the date and a description of topics covered for easy access. Newsletters can be found behind the BULLETIN BOARD tab on the home page menu.
PEEKING INTO A REMOTE CLASSROOM
Check out CARMEL BERGERON & ERIN NEWMAN using EdPuzzle!
Carmel's Add & Subtract Expressions Video
Erin's One Step Equations
Helpful Links to Get Started
Some benefits of using Edpuzzle that they are enjoying:
- super easy to use
- import roster from Google Classroom and they log in with school email
- use videos from YouTube, Khan Academy, etc, or ones you make yourself
- can edit a video, shorten for length
- embed questions to check for understanding
- embed a note to tell students to "write that down"
- embed a note to focus students on what's important
- can assign to students to identify if they actually watched the video.
Need some help? Contact either Carmel or Erin for further details!
Just For Fun! CREATE A BITMOJI SCENE in Google Slides!
Once you have it, view these two examples of how to create your own scene in Google Slides to highlight your lessons:
1. First video shows how to create a static Bitmoji Scene Image
2. Second video shows how to add clickable areas to videos and sites within the scene to create an interactive learning tool.
Do you have a "best practice" or something "techy" that you would like to share?
SUMMER COURSES BEGIN: MONDAY, JULY 6, 2020 COURSES END: MONDAY, JULY 27, 2020
May 14, 2020