December 31, 2020 Newsletter
Happy New Year SVDP!
Hello SVDP Community,
Happy New Year! Wishing all of you a happy and safe new year!
After Christmas break, distance learning will resume from January 4 -15. This provides a responsible window for everyone to quarantine and / or test and receive COVID test results. You can register for the SVDP pop-up site on Wednesday, January 6th. See below for details.
Monday, January 18 was already a planned school holiday in honor of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Assuming all of our precautions have been successful, we will welcome students back to campus on Tuesday, January 19 for in-person learning. Wednesday, January 20 will follow the same schedule as a Tuesday (Cohorts A & B for grades K - 4 and Cohort A for grades 5 - 8).
We are so looking forward to seeing all of our students on Monday for Distance Learning.
Healthy Habits of Mind
A quick video to remind students of the healthy habits of mind that will support them getting back into a mode of learning and success in school.
San Francisco Department of Public Health Updates
Provided by the San Francisco Department of Public Health on Thursday, December 17, 2020
- Shorten COVID-19 quarantine to 10 days. SFDPH has updated its guidance on quarantine duration for close contacts of COVID-19 cases to align with recent changes by the CDC and the CDPH. Most people who have had close contact with someone with COVID-19 may end their quarantine after day 10 if they do not develop symptoms during this time. SFDPH strongly recommends that close contacts without symptoms get tested on or after day 6 of quarantine. Because there is a small chance that close contacts may still be infected, they should continue to wear a face mask and stay at least 6 feet away from others until day 14. Given the higher risk and impact of transmission in high risk congregate living settings, people who live in dormitories must quarantine for 14 days after their last close contact with a person with COVID-19.
- Mandatory Travel quarantine. SF issued a mandatory quarantine of 10 days on anyone traveling, moving, or returning to San Francisco from anywhere outside the Bay Area. Limited exceptions apply to people who are traveling for certain critical activities. The new order also strongly discourages any non-essential travel within the 10-county Bay Area region. The travel order becomes effective at 12:01 a.m. on December 18, 2020 and will remain in effect until 12:01 a.m. on January 4, 2021 and may be extended as necessary if the surge continues.
COVID-19 Testing at Saint Vincent de Paul
January 6, 2021
We have arranged an on site COVID testing on Wednesday, January 6th. Employees, registered school families, and the immediate family members of either group are invited to utilize this service.
This test is not mandatory, but a courtesy service given the choices people must make about travel and family interactions around Christmas.
The test site will be open from 8:30 – 3:30. You must have an appointment, there will be no walk-ins permitted. If you wish to take part in this testing program, click here for an appointment time. Each individual must have their own appointment time.
Links to the necessary forms will be included in your confirmation email.
At your appointment, please bring:
- A photocopy of the front and back of your medical insurance ID card. They will need one copy for every family member being tested, even if the information is the same. The paperwork stays with the sample, so it cannot be shared.
- Uninsured Form (if applicable)
- Completed Patient Test Request Form
- Completed Consent for Venous Puncture (if applicable)
The test site will be set up in the SVDP gym, please enter the Green St gate and use the west side gym doors.
Follow the link to read the latest news on our school reopening plan.