The Sonoma Ranch Elementary School Principal's Newsletter
Year 8 Issue 248
We Engage We Educate We Inspire
Hello Stallion Families!
Our National Elementary Honor Society kicks off one of their projects this week! This is a tremendous way for our students to give back to their community. Please see the information below and consider helping NEHS with this benecial activity.
Morning Drop Off and Afternoon Pick Up
In the afternoon, if you are picking up your students by parking and walking to campus, please do not park in between the cross walk signs. Parking on Maple makes it challenging for vehicles exiting the pick up drive way. Please be sure you do not park on Maple between the signes. Doing so can result in a ticket from the Gilbert Police Department.
I appreciate everyone helping to make drop off and pick up as safe and efficient as possible.
PTSO Fire Alarm Raffle
Congratulations to our PTSO Fire Alarm Raffle Winners! In October McKaela Kirk will get to pull the fire alarm to start our fire drill. In November Caden Young will get the honors! Thank you to everyone for participating in this fun little fundraiser!
We continue to have students missing school due to having COVID. We also have a number of students who are home due to a household exposure. I continue to strongly encourage everyone to wear masks when at school. I also ask that families do not send your students to school if they are sick.
As always, should you have any questions related to Sonoma Ranch and our COVID safety measures, please do not hesitate to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Week Ahead
- NEHS General Meeting after school.
- Spirit Day! It is Crazy Hair Day @ the Ranch! Everyone is encouraged to wear their hair in some crazy way on Tuesday! The crazier the better!
- Ms. England's Birthday!
- Wednesday is an early release day. All students will be dismissed at 1:55 PM on Wednesday. After students depart our teachers will meet for professional learning communitiies.
- All students will dismiss at 1:55 PM.
- Ms. Sanders' Birthday!
- Orange Day at the Ranch. Our Kindergarteners continue learning their colors, and to show our support and encourage their learning, everyone is encouraged to wear orange on Thursday!
- Stallion Style Day! Everyone is encouraged to wear their Stallion Gear or school colors!
- Sweets N Treats outside after school.
- Young Rembrandts class meets after school.
Lunch (and breakfast) is FREE
The United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) has extended free meals for children 18 years and younger until further notice to help ensure all children have access to nutritious food as the country recovers from the COVID-19 pandemic.
Gilbert Public Schools will provide combo meals at no cost to students for breakfast and lunch. A combo meal includes an entree, fruit and/or vegetable and beverage (milk and/or juice).
We certainly encourage our families to take advantage of this opportunity.