By Emily 6M
Do you like Koalas? Because I do. Koalas are native to Australia so it is not an introduced species. Koalas are an endangered species in Australia. Many Koalas are killed every year because of humans. Humans drive their car and they don't realise a little innocent Koala is passing and it ends up getting ran over and killed or left in a critical state, another example is that you go bush walking with your dog and you don't have your dog on a lead and they see something and it's a Koala and then the dog attacks the koala and ends up killing the Koala or injuring it. Now for some
1.Did you know a Koala is a marsupial
2. Did you know koalas are mostly nocturnal which means they sleep in the day and feed at night.
3. Koalas have different fur if they live in different parts of Australia.
4. When koalas are born they are only about 2 centimetres long, which is about the size of a jelly bean.
5. The Koala joey rides in its mothers pouch until it's about 5 to 6 months.
6. Koalas eat eucalyptus leaves and it can be poisonous for other animals.
7. The closest relative to a koala is a wombat.
8. Koalas sleep for about 20 hours a day.
9. 80% of koala homes are destroyed for human homes.
10. Koalas are not bears.