1st Grade Newsletter
Miss Fore's Class
Week of September 28th
- Author of the Month - Kevin Henkes
- Story elements: Characters and Settings
- Naming and Telling Parts of a Sentence
We will continue working on our October hallway writing.
Tx Go Math! Unit 1Module 1: Number Sense - Tens and Ones
- 1.2: Hands On - Make Tens and Ones
- 1.3: Tens
- 1.4: Hands On - Tens and Ones to 50
- 1.5: Hands On - Tens and Ones to 120
- 1.6: Problem Solving - Show Numbers in Different Ways
Science/Social Studies: Students will continue to learn about communities.
October 2nd - Hands On Art Order Forms Due
October 17th - Halloween Dash & Fun Run (8:00 a.m)
October 24th - Boo Bash Carnival (10:30 - 2:30)
First Bell: 7:35 am
Tardy Bell: 7:45 am
Recess: 10:30 am
Lunch: 12:15 pm
Ancillary: 1:05 pm
Dismissal: 3:00 pm
Tuesday: Writing Lab 1
Wednesday: PE 2
Thursday: Computer 2
Friday: Math Lab 2
Reminders for Parents
- Always sign and return work that asks you to do so.
- Monitor your child's grades on Grade Speed, and through graded work that comes home.
- Students receive a grade for handwriting. When working on homework and studying spelling words, correct your child if they reverse their letters.
- You may receive reminder texts for our class by texting "@e76c28" to the number 81010.