Miss Walker's Weekly Bulletin
What is a weekly bulletin?
Help our class
We started math centers this week, ask your child about it!
The library is open
Students chose their leveled book.
We shared our strategies yesterday.
Week of September 19th
***We have new log ins for chrome books, lexia, and dream box. These were sent home last week and should be kept in the back of your child's black folder for safe keeping!
Art/Drama Drama on Monday
PE We have PE on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday this week, please dress appropriately.
Library We go to the library on Wednesday, don't forget your book!
Science Lab Thursday
Each week, students will earn table points. Check back next week to see who won! Congratulations to Table U for being the table point winners last week. Thanks for showing respect, making good choices, and solving your problems!
Parent Volunteers will start next week! Word Study (differentiated spelling) and Read Naturally (fluency) will also start next week!
Unit 2 Place Value Parent Letter
Friday Family Readers
A few reminders
I promise I won't always have a bazillion reminders, but the beginning of the year is crazy!!!
- Dismissal Changes: Students will now be walking to the front gate on their own starting this week! They've done an amazing job and are ready to be independent!
- Homework: Students should be reading nightly, on their own at home. They may make a list of their books to take AR quizzes on.
- Supplies: We've had 6 students bring in supplies to donate, thank you! We are only using community supplies in 2nd grade. No need to label supplies or send in any pencil boxes, etc. We are still in need of white copy paper, astrobrite paper, baby wipes, and more. See the full Classroom Wish list here.
- Text Reminders- I will send occasional texts reminders about class parties, conferences, library book reminders, and quick info throughout the year. It will come to your phone as text. Sign up for Remind here
- Interactive Math Notebook-Your child's math notebook will come home on Fridays. Please look over it with your child, discuss it, and return it on Monday.
- Class Instagram-We'd love to share our learning with you like we discussed at Back to School Night. We're already sharing with 17 of you but would appreciate it if more of you followed our class. Please e mail me with your Instagram name so I can accept you.
If you'd like to follow, send me an e mail with your Instagram name/handle. No student photos will be posted until you fill out the Instagram release form on Thursday.