This Week in DHS Band and Guard
Week of August 1, 2022
This Week's Schedule
Full Band Camp for All - Winds, Percussion, and Color Guard
- Monday, August 1st, 8 am - 4 pm (lunch noon - 1 pm daily)
- Tuesday, August 2nd, 8 am - 4 pm
- Wednesday, August 3rd, 8 am - 4 pm
- Thursday, August 4th, 8 am - 4 pm
- Friday, August 5th, 8 am - 3 pm
*Woodwind and brass region music masterclasses will be 3-4 pm Monday-Thursday. We will be using concert instruments for these masterclasses. French horn players will have a break from 3-3:30 pm, then have their region master class from 3:30-4:15 pm.
Full Band Camp
Please bring marching and concert instruments, supplies, a pencil, rehearsal uniform (t- shirt and shorts ordered from TMF), tennis shoes, sunscreen, water bottle filled, hat, sunglasses (optional), snacks and/or meal, and yoga mat for conditioning. We will meet in the band hall at 8 am, but we will be going outside in the morning. Parking will be challenging as we are hosting district wide professional development on campus this week. Please give yourself additional time to park if you are driving.
Physicals and Rank One
We are happy that so many of our band students are participating in other activities. Here are arrangements we have made with other organizations to share time. Please email me at email@example.com if you have not had a conversation with me in the last week about your plans to participate in other activities next week.
- Football - Attend band after their practices on Monday, Tuesday, and Friday. Freshmen football player will leave football practice early to join us at 10 am on Wednesday and Thursday.
- ROTC - Attend ROTC until 9:45 am, band from 10 am - noon, ROTC from noon - 2 pm, then band until 4 pm. ROTC students will be with ROTC all day on Thursday.
- Swim/Water polo - Attend band after swim/water polo.
- Tennis - Attend band around try-outs.
We are kicking off our WiddyUp fundraiser on Friday from 1-2 pm. This is a donation based fundraiser. This fundraiser will raise money for our props this year, and we need your help to make it a success. Students need to bring in names and phone numbers of at least 6 friends and family members.
Try-Outs for Spots in Marching Show
We will be having try-outs for spots in our marching show for all wind players (woodwind and brass) Monday afternoon. Students will also be passing off the fight song and alma mater from memory starting Monday.
Ultimate Drill Book App App
Students, please download the UDBapp on your phone or a devise you plan on using for rehearsal. We will use this app to learn drill. The license is paid for by the “Fair Share” Fee. We will start using the app Tuesday morning.
TMF Store Reopen
The TMF webstore is open again if you need to order anything. Jackets and fanny packs have been added to the store. Only letter jackets and the jacket on the TMF webstore are allowed to be worn in the stands at football games once it gets cold. It will close on August 2nd at midnight. These orders will arrive before our first football game on August 26th. Here is a link to the store.
Band Calendar Update
- August 9 adding Drumline only performance at DHS teacher professional development, 9 am call time
- August 10 is now 5 pm - 8pm
- August 12 is now 8 am - 4 pm
- August 17 is now Lupercal Night Pep Rally Performance only, no morning or afternoon rehearsal
Please make sure to leave these dates open for marching contest next Fall.
- October 1 - USBands Hill Country Regional
- October 8 - Comal Classic Marching Festival
- October 15 - UIL Region Marching Competition
- October 29 - UIL Area Marching Competition
- November 5 - USBands San Antonio Finale
- November 9 - UIL State Marching Contest
Click here to access details including registration and payment information.
Click here to access the tentative itinerary.
To register, follow this link: https://accounts.amclass.com/
- You will need to set up a new account
- Enter the registration code: 1CD37273
The deadline to register is August 25th, 2020.
Letter Jacket Orders for Winter Guard
- Band Pictures - Monday, August 8th, 1 pm
Band Booster Meeting - Monday, August 8th, 6:30 pm, DHS Auditorium
Band Picnic - Saturday, August 20th, 6-9 pm
Director of Bands
Associate Band Director
Color Guard Director
Color Guard Assistant Director
Director of Bands
Assistant Director of Bands