Lincoln Lion's Local Buzz
November 16, 2018
Support While Leigh Anne Is Out
I am excited to announce that Barbara Saunders will be with us the Monday after Thanksgiving until we leave on winter break. She will have a super steep learning curve with our policies, procedures, and calls for assistance but she is up for the challenge and I know we will all support her as she supports us. Be sure to welcome her to the building (again--as she has been at Lincoln before) and introduce her to your students when you see her in the halls. Unfortunately, I can't visually make her appear over the morning announcements.
Update on Leigh Anne
Yesterday Leigh Anne had her second knee replacement in a year. This knee was not as damaged as the one she had replaced in the summer. She is already reporting that this newer knee is bending better than the first this early out of surgery. Kathy has provided her with a container of Nutella and several spoons to fortify her during her hospital stay. If your students have any Thank you Grams for Leigh Anne Please bring them to the office. We will text them to her so she can enjoy them.
Book Study Updates
- Tuesday, November 20th will be our last PLC before Thanksgiving. We will talk about the next sections in our grade level books. If your grade level will be out of building for your PLC because of the field trip, we will use the following week's PLC to discuss our books.
- Monday, November 26th will be our next opportunity to discuss High Expectations Teaching. We will be focusing on Chapter 7.
Surviving the Holidays While Poor
As we approach the holiday season, those of us who work in schools tend to think about our families that struggle financially. The attached article comes for the perspective of the parent and their thoughts around Christmas. Even though we are several weeks out from that holiday, I am would be remiss if I didn't say that Thanksgiving is likely as stressful for many of our families. They may struggle to get any food on the table, let alone a traditional meal with a turkey with all the fixings. We are thankful to Marsha and our community partners who have provided many Thanksgiving meals for our families.
Thank you to everyone who donated time to make a fabulous soup, salad, or desert for Thursday's lunch. It was a great opportunity for us to get together and enjoy a fantastic meal.
Covering From Within
We are getting into the think of cold and flu season. We all get sick and there are times that requires us to call out. We always do our best to get a sub so we do not have to cover with an IA. Unfortunately there are days were we cannot avoid having to use an IA. We know it upends the IA's day and isn't what they expected when they came to work that day. We do our best to not pull the same IA day after day if we can help it. Another item that we want to remind everyone about, is that when and IA is pulled for coverage, they must go back to their regular schedule during the planning time of the teacher they are covering. If that isn't done we have multiple grades that have trouble with their RTI groups. Thanks in advance for your unwavering support!
A few updates of note
- We have moved the Intermediate Student Of The Month Assembly in December from the 13th to the 14th. Same time.
- If you need a sub on a field trip all paper work must be filed no later than 30 days before the trip.
- Newsletter information for the December Monthly Newsletter is due in November 29 at the end of the day.
- Have all Thank-You-Grams delivered by the end of the day on Tuesday.
- Monday, wear Flannel/Plaid for our reading incentive on Monday with the DB Girls Basketball team.
Happy News To Pass Along
I am thrilled to be able to tell you that Karen Buck got a clean bill of health from her oncologist earlier this week and is ready to take on the world. So watch out world....Karen is back!!