Digital Teaching and Learning
September 11, 2020
Instructional Technology Office Hours
Office hours have been expanded to 7:30 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. for next Monday through Friday (Sept. 14-18). Hours are also available this weekend. Access the full schedule and Teams link on the Professional Development Calendar.
itslearning Course Tiles
itslearning Course Tiles provide ease of access for students. Consider adding your picture to your profile. Be mindful when renaming a course to a friendly name that the name includes critical information regarding the course (subject and teacher).
YouTube on HCPS Chromebooks
Continued changes are being made to improve access for students to YouTube content. When teachers search for content on YouTube, be sure to be in restricted mode, as students will only have access to videos visible in restricted mode.
Teacher Collaboration Spaces in itslearning
Teachers can share content with other educators from their school in the Teacher Collaboration Space in their school's Professional Learning course. The directions for using of the Teacher Collaboration Space in Professional Learning Courses, outline the steps for sharing and provides screenshots to support this process. Teachers can then add Resources from the Collaboration Space to their Plans.
HCPS Together Resources
- How-To Access Virtual Instruction on a Chromebook
- How-To Access Virtual Instruction on a Windows Device
- How-To Grade 6 Office 365 Registration: Guidelines for Grade 6 Students
- How-To Utilize Your High School Device
- How-To Utilize Your Elementary/Middle School Device - Chromebook
- How-To Utilize Your Elementary/Middle School Device - Windows Device
- How-To HCPS Technology Access - Elementary at Home - Personal Device
- How-To HCPS Technology Access - Secondary at Home - Personal Device
- How-To Get Started with Virtual Learning
- How-To Receive Technical Support