The Mills Messenger
Every scholar matters and every moment counts!
Gerardo Hernandez, Assistant Principal
Sharri C. Zachary, Assistant Principal
The mission of Roger Q. Mills Elementary School is to provide a quality education for ALL students that supports academic achievement, promotes integrity, builds healthy self-esteem, embraces intrinsic motivation, and encourages successful study habits. Our goal is to develop college-ready students who will be contributing successors in our communities and beyond.
Grades 2-5 Math
3 - 5 Math TeachersACE Carnegie Learning Mathematics Academy! The next session is scheduled for Saturday, January 30th at the Haskell Building from 8:30a - 12:30p. Register in SchoolNet using course #1000002859 Participants will be compensated for their attendance.
**Grade 2 Math Teachers may also attend.
Dallas Museum of Arts presents Chris Grabenstein Fast-Paced Fun Reads
Sunday, January 31, 3:00 p.m.
Ticket prices: Public $15, DMA Member $10, Students & Children $7
FOR TICKETS, purchase online at DMA.org/tickets or call 214-922-1818.
Please view the link for more information:
Jaguars! The 'Sunshine' Committee Needs You!
The Hospitality (Sunshine) committee works to spread just that....Sunshine! Birthdays, Baby Showers, Personal or family illness, the sunshine team will work to make Mills a brighter place to work each day!
Dues are $25.00 for professional staff and $20.00 for paraprofessional staff.
Ms. Malty will collect monies. Cash or Check Payable to: Roger Q. Mills.
If you become a PAYING member of sunshine committee, you will receive a JEANS PASS for every Thursday for the remainder of the Fall semester.
That's JEANS 2 days a week until Winter Break!
If you have questions about sunshine committee, please see the committee chair or co-chair.
Ms. Bailey-Lard, Chairperson
Ms. Ramirez, Co-Chair
Monday, January, 11, 2016
- 9:00a Instructional Content Meeting in the Conference Room
- 1:00 - 2:00p PYA meeting in the Conference Room
- 4:20 - 5:30p RLA PD in Rm. 320
- 4:20 - 5:30p Math PD in Rm. 318
Tuesday, January 12, 2016
- PLCs during planning period: K-1 in Rm 310, 2-5 Reading in Rm 310, 2-5 Math in Rm 318
- 3:00p ARD Hernandez & Bradley
- Coach Taylor OOO @ training (AM)
- Ms. Long OOO @ training (PM)
- Happy Birthday Mr. Rotibi!!
Wednesday, January 13, 2016
- ACP Make-Up Exams
- Grade level meetings with your team (grade level business and collaboration -facilitated by team members)
- 9:00 - 11:00a Mid Year Review in Conference Room
- 5:00 - 7:00p PYA party in Cafeteria
Thursday, January 14, 2016
- ACP Make-Up Exams
- SST meetings KB, 1A, 2A, 2B, 3A, 3B, 4A, 4B, 5A
- 4:45 -8:00p Parent conferences A LIGHT DINNER will be provided in the Conference Room
Friday, January 15, 2016
- 12:00 - 2:00p ACE Principals' Data Meeting in Room 310
Happy Belated Birthday to Mr. Morshed!! (Jan. 7th)
Happy Birthday to Mr. Sanchez!! (Jan. 10th)