Republican Party- Maine
pros and cons of developing the Keystone Pipeline from Canada to Louisiana
1. Building the Keystone pipeline and opening up the Tar Sands will negatively impact national and local economies
2. The same fossil fuel interests pushing the Keystone pipeline have been cutting, not creating, jobs
3. Unemployment will rise
4. Poor and working people will be disproportionately affected
5. Building the sustainable economy, not the Keystone pipeline, will create far more job
6. Without it the United States will be forced to increase the amount of oil it imports at a time of increasing global turmoil
1.The Keystone XL project will utilize world-class technology with an industry-leading data collection and monitoring system
2.the president has an opportunity to greatly enhance our nation’s economic and energy security
To establish a deficit-neutral reserve fund to promote investment and job growth in United States manufacturing, oil and gas production, and refining sectors through the construction of the Keystone XL Pipeline.
pros and cons of a minimum wage increase of $2.95 an hour, to $10.10 an hour
It would bring it in line with inflation
2. It would boost the economy
3. It would lift millions out of poverty
4. It would be a big help for women and people of color
5. Americans support it (unskilled workers)
Senators general platform
Too many people in Maine, and around the country, have lost their jobs through no fault of their own. Susan wants the economic development to get better. She cares a lot about the people in her state.
Senator Collins has consistently supported efforts to help make post-secondary education more accessible and affordable for all families
More clean air and water for the environment.
Health care needs to be improved in her eyes.