GLA West Connections
Week of February 4th-February 8th
Growing into our Greatness ...Not a Moment to Waste!
We Did it!
Thanks to your support, we reached our fundraising goal of $20,000 as a school in just SIX days! We cannot say thank you enough for your donation. If you would like to still make a donation, the link is still open.
Interim reports will be sent home with scholars today, Wednesday, February 6, 2019. Please check your scholar's bag to see his/her progress. Contact your child's teacher with any concerns.
Flu Season Is Here
Flu season is here! Remind your scholar to wash their hands and use hand sanitizer throughout the day. If your scholar is sent home with a fever, they must wait 24 fever-free hours to return to school. Please keep an eye out for a detailed letter that is being sent home with your scholar today.
it’s time for nominations!!!
•Must be in the 3rd through 5th grade
•Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or better
•Scholar demonstrates responsibility, service and leadership.
•Must be in 6th through 8th grade
•Cumulative gpa of 3.0 or better
•Scholar demonstrates leadership, service, good character and citizenship.
If your scholar is currently in 6th grade and in NEHS, and you want them to continue to NJHS, please nominate them to reapply.
Ms. Leggett is only taking electronic nominations for Honor Society. To nominate a scholar/scholars please email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We have officially kicked off our countdown to PSSAs!
The PSSA exams are around the corner - 48 days away! This year’s PSSA prep theme, “We Can Do It,” intends to encourage your scholar to work with diligence and confidence on the exam. As partners in your scholar’s learning, we want to share our initiatives alongside ways you can partner in order set your scholar up for success.
“We Can Do It:”
- Do Now Challenge: In order to help your scholar familiarize themselves with question types and content on the PSSA, teachers are integrating a problem each day into the math and ELA block. These are opportunities for scholars to practice and review content.
- Show What You Know Challenge: During Fitness Friday, we are adding a PSSA question portion. Classes will compete for the correct answer alongside physical challenges. This fun activity is a way to build energy and review for the PSSA.
- iReady: Ensure your scholars is getting at-home practice with content by spending 45-minutes per week on iReady math and reading.
- Attendance: Your scholar’s presence at school directly correlates to their success on the PSSA exam. Please ensure your scholar arrives on time daily in order to receive relevant instruction.
- Saturday School: We are hosting a PSSA prep beginning February 3rd to help scholars in need of additional help. Please contact Ms. Snyder at email@example.com if you are interested in participating.
- ELA State-Wide Testing (3-8 grade): April 16-18
- Math State-Wide Testing (3-8 grade): April 29-30
- Science State-Wide Testing (4 & 8 grade): May 1-2