Clark Middle School
May 27th - May 31st
Monday, May 27
- No School (Memorial Day)
Tuesday, May 28
- Clarkapalooza 1:00-3:30pm (The east side parking lot will be closed to traffic. Parents are encouraged to pick their kids up a little later than usual, on Ruth Bochardt Street, or at Smith ES).
- New to Athletics Parent Meeting 5:15-6:00pm. Girls in the Cafeteria and Boys in the Gym.
Wednesday, May 29
- Locker Clean-out during ILA classes. You must take EVERYTHING home.
- Yearbook signing party during Cougar Den.
Thursday, May 30
- Last Day of School- Do NOT Bring anything to school except your lunch, which please use disposable containers.
- 8th Grade Walk 3:20pm (Parents, please park only in designated parking. Also, it will be congested, please consider picking 6th and 8th graders up on the same spots to avoid traffic getting deadlocked in the front drive).
Friday, May 31
- Teacher Workday
New to Athletics Parent Meeting
We are excited to announce that Clark MS will have Clarkapalooza in May 2019 to reward our hardworking students with an afternoon of fun and games! Clarkapalooza is an academic and behavioral incentive for the students, but in order to be eligible to attend, students must meet the following criteria beginning January 8, 2019:
- No Failing grades (Below a 70 in any class)
- No Thursday Night Reflection (TNR)
- No In School Suspension (ISS)
- No Out of School Suspension (OSS)
- No DAEP (Alternative School)
*We look forward to rewarding our students for their hard work and their great behavior!
Dress Code Reminder
Parents, please remember as the weather continues to warm up that students must always be in dress code at school. Jeans and shorts must be school appropriate and no shirts are allowed that show bare midriff.
"See-through, bare midriff, halter type, shoulder bearing, or spaghetti strap blouses or any revealing or low cut clothing is not permitted. Pants and other articles of clothing that are torn, ragged, frayed, or pants with holes must be below fingertip length."
To get more information about our dress code, please see the student handbook here.
Cougar Parent Volunteer Opportunities
If you are interested in helping us maintain the Prideland, we have upcoming opportunities where your presence would be greatly appreciated. We are looking for parent volunteers like yourself to run our upcoming Pride Store and maintain the flow of after-school dismissal. During the month of May we have available volunteer slots for various dates. Sign up to volunteer here!
Clark 8th Grade Boys Soccer are now District Champions with a 1-0 win! Congratulations!!
Welcome back, Clark Cougars! Congratulations on your high school graduation. Senior breakfast was great!
8th grade recognition on last Orchestra concert of the year! It has been a great journey!
Attention 6th Grade Parents:
Over the next several weeks, Nurse Thornton will be going through shot records and if any immunization is found to be missing, this letter will be mailed home. You can email, fax or drop off an updated copy of your student’s shot record to the school at any time. The updated shot record is not due until schedule pickup in the fall. Please note that your student will not be able to pick up their fall schedule without an updated shot record on file and your student will not be allowed to attend school without an updated shot record on file.
Please let Nurse Thornton know if you have any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org or 469-633-4608. Her fax number is 469-633-4628.