Las Positas Updates
11/5/21 Volume 1 (14)
Happy Friday, Las Positas Lions~
We just finished 12 weeks of school! Great work~
How can you help to develop students who are CARING?
- Start by practicing empathy. Model the caring behavior you would like to see in your child. Your child notices everything you do! Using kind words, helping others and being an active listener will show your child that you care about other people.
- Help your child consider the feelings of others. Ask, "What do you think she's upset about?" "How would you feel if that happened to you?"
- Read books that demonstrate caring and kindness. Discuss the message of the story and how it can be applied in your every day lives. Ask, "What are some things we can do to show kindness?" "Is there anyone we know that could use some extra caring right now?"
- Brainstorm ways your family can get involved in the community. Send cards to residents of a local nursing home. Donate food, clothing or toys to those in need. Place inspiring quotes around the neighborhood for others to see.
- Reduce, Reuse and Recycle. Sometimes this can be challenging for busy families, but make an effort to establish these habits in your home. By developing children who care about the environment, you are helping the future of the globe.
- Emphasize social skills like saying please, thank you, sharing with siblings and recognizing when others may be having a difficult day.
This Week Was Filled with Engagement, Enlightenment, and Excitement~
Trunk or Treat
Huge success! Thanks PTA and families for a fun night~
What is this?
Kinder friends try to figure out what this item is as a provocation exercise to a Social Studies lesson.
B is for Black Beans
TK friends developing tactile skills~
There is a rack full of jackets and a bin with water bottles. On Fridays we will put out the Lost and Found Rack so that if your child has lost things, you can look thru them.
To not lose items, please label every student belongings (Student Name, teacher, room) brought to school.
National School Pyschologist Week: 11/8-11/12
Click on Flyer for Full Detail
- 11/8 ~ 11/12 National School Psychology Week
- 11/10- Drive-thru food distribution
- 11/10- Panda/Yogurtland Fundraiser (Flyer)
- 11/11- No School (Veteran's Day)
- 11/22 ~ 11/26 - No School (Thanksgiving)
- 11/29- Active Threat/Fire Drill