The Week Ahead Memo
State Road Elementary School
Monday, March 21, 2016
Events This Week!
"MARCH MADNESS" Reading Month!
Principal Book Read
Meal Train for the Guile Family
If you/your team would like to sign up for a meal, please click the link: http://www.signupgenius.com/go/30e0a4aa9a72aa0fe3-meal
Leo's Family Night!
Grade 3-5 Assembly!
ALL BID ORDER / PURCHASE ORDERS ARE DUE
Be Safe, Be Respectful, Be Responsible!
Monday afternoon for Ad Council
OBSERVATIONS / EVALUATION PROCESS UPDATE!
Round 1 AND 2 of our Observations are done and Round 3 has started. The 'Noticings’ and ‘Wonderings’ sections will focus on the Dimension of (A) Assessment and (PCC) Professional Collaboration & Communication for our Round 3 observations. If I have my laptop it will be an observation; if I'm in the classroom without it, I'm just visiting! :-)
- Observations - We will again conduct a minimum of 3 observations for the year (district continuity).
- Observation Time - 10-30 min of lesson scripting and another 15 minutes of coding.
- I should be able to access or view your daily lesson plans with assigned standards.
- The first two observations will be unannounced. The third observation may be scheduled as agreed upon by the teacher and administrator.
- We will have a Dimension focus during each observation (up to two dimensions). The dimension focus areas will be the areas that the Noticings and Wonderings will be derived.
Culture of Learning
Quote of the week...
What's Happening Next Week?
- 5th Grade Showcase is Tuesday, March 29
- Relentless Tour Assembly for Grade 3-5 is Wednesday, March 30 at 10am
- Wear Blue on Wednesday, March 30 for Diabetes
- March Madness Staff vs. Student Basketball Game, Thursday, March 31 at 2:15pm
- Friday, April 1 is "Wear Blue" to Light It Up Blue in support of Autism Awareness
DOWN THE ROAD...
- Grades are due in PowerTeacher on Thursday, April 14
- Report Cards will be printed on Friday, April 15
- Parent/Teacher Conference Week begins April 18
- Evening Conferences are Monday and Wednesday (4:30-7:30pm); afternoon conferences on Thursday (12:00-3:00pm) (Half Day for students)
- No School on Friday, April 22