Prestwick STEM Academy
Prestwick Profile Community Vol. 19
"Look at what we have done so far"
- Opening a Campus in Grand style
- Parent orientation nights
- Parent conferences
- Tutorials begin for at risk students
- 1st Rachel's Challenge ceremony
- 1st Veteran's Day celebration
- 1st Watch DOG pizza night
- 1st Thanksgiving Staff Feast
- 1st Winter Musical Concerts for grades K-8
- Fall Band concert
- Many wins by our Lobo and Lady Lobo Athletes
- Multiple Middle School Clubs starting (Anime, Theatre, 5 Lego teams, National Jr. Honor Society)
- Many tours from parents, realtors, Allen ISD, Pampa ISD, Plano ISD, Garland ISD and LA Tech University
- PTA wins $5,000 from Reliant Energy for Gingerbread House Challenge
- APEX fundraiser brings $20,000 to put towards PTA initiatives (backpack storage and playground additions)
We are full of anticipation for the great things that will come in our second semester. Thank you for your support as it makes it all possible.
Final Exams for 6th-8th graders
Week of Dec. 15th
Monday, Dec. 15th
- Regular class schedule ( Honors band and 7th Athletics will test at LMS)
Tuesday, Dec. 16th
- 1st Period Exam 8:20-10:00 am (8th Athletics/ Symphonic/Concert Band test at LMS)
- 7th period Exam 1:35-3:20 pm (7th Athletics and Honors band stay at STEM, bus home if needed @ 3:20 pm)
Wednesday, Dec. 17th
-No travel to LMS either am or pm
- 2nd period Exam 8:20-10:00 am
- 3rd period Exam 1:35-3:20 pm
Thursday, Dec. 18th
-Early Release 6-8 student only - get sack lunch at breakfast if needed)
-No travel to LMS am or pm
- 6th period Exam 8:20-10:00 am
- 5th period Exam 10:05 am -12:00 pm
Friday, Dec. 19th
- Early Release K-8 - MS get sack lunch at breakfast if needed
-No travel am or pm
- 4th period Exam 8:20-10:00 am
- Make up testing
Students will perform reviews the day prior to each exam. We look forward to children demonstrating their learning from semester one. No need to stress - review the information you have learned, rest and come ready to work!
Mark your calendars
Music Winter Performance
Tuesday, Dec. 16th @ 6:30 pm
Friday, Dec. 19th K-5 - (teacher communicated times)
Early Release daysThe following days are early release days. Car, bus and walker dismissal time will be at 12:05 pm.
Dec. 18th- Grades 6-8
Dec. 19th- All grades (K-8)
Please communicate any changes in transportation in a timely manner with your student, their teacher and our office so we can ensure the safe arrival of all students.
Math Workshop Model
What do other learners do when they are not working with the teacher in guided groups? This is a great question! Students not working at the teacher station work on other important skills in other stations. They often rotate among these multiple stations to complete tasks that will promote their success in Math. Tasks may be independent, paired, small group or a combination of all of these.
Learners report they enjoy the chance to ask the teacher questions in a smaller group and having a variety of activities makes it more fun to learn.