Accepting One's Self
Body Mind Spirit
Healthy Body, Healthy Mind
If You're There, I'm Happy
Nicci's top picks
- The Grateful dead
- Tame Impala
- MF DOOM
Music is a great way to bring people together. That is one reason why music festivals are so much fun. You arrive with friends and leave with family. Below is one of the best movie scenes ever made and expresses my weird group of friends and I very well.
Learning the Ways of a Savage
- Avoid rompers! Peeing in a porter potty is hard enough with pants, do you really want to be fully stripped in one? If you're in the forest just pee outside but still, not with a romper.
- Wherever you go, dance. If the front of the stage is your designation either you can get there early and wait it out or you can just dance to the front! I promise people will be nicer about a person dancing by, than walking and having to shove them. There's also the choice of acting like you lost your friend. Where's Ashley?!
- Bring rain boots and a rain coat (trash bags and duct tape work too). Even if the weatherman says they're not needed, they are! The pit will most likely be dirt, therefore it'll get REALLY muddy. Also it's always best to be safe rather than sorry.
- Sun lotion and chap stick. Whatever you do, DO NOT forget these necessities. It will be hot and the rays will be out. You don't want to be that person with blisters on their face aka me at the last festival I went to.
- Shower wipes and dried shampoo. Unless you're rich enough to get VIP, you will use these two things generously. Yes there are public showers, but usually they end up with some type of body fluids in them after the first day.
- Avoid buckets! You definitely don't want to see what kinds of solids and liquids that have gathered in those.
- The coppers are on the hunt! If you look like a hippy, you will get pulled over. So guys I suggest pulling your hair back and try not to show off the tie-dye.
- GLOW STICKS! Trust me you'll want them.