SS Chapter 3
The Safe Food Handler
Actions That Can Contaminate Food
To avoid causing a foodborne illness, pay close attention to what you do with your hands. Avoid:
- Scratching the scalp
- Running fingers through hair
- wiping or touching the nose
- Rubbing an ear
- Touching a pimple or an infected wound
- Wearing a dirty uniform
- Coughing or sneezing into the hand
- Spitting in the operation
Steps To Washing Your Hands
- Should be single use only.
- Must be suitable for the task.
- Must be safe, durable, and clean.
- Must fit properly.
- Must be properly used.
- MUST NEVER REPLACE HAND WASHING!!!!
There are three types of contaminants: