Ms. Mustafa's Kinders
Greetings Kinder Parents,
What We've Learned This Week
1.Letter D & T
- Phonics: We focused on sounding the letters D & T through repetition and showing pictures of words that begin with the letters D & T.
2. Dictionary Words
- They colored, cut, and pasted pictures of words with initial D & T. Then they organized them alphabetically on their dictionary notebooks.
- The students wrote complete sentences about apples using their phonetic transcription, appropriate spacing, and capitalization.
- The question mark and other punctuation marks as well as their use were introduced to the students.
1. Numbers 11-15
- They wrote numbers 11-15 as well as the numerals on their math journal
- They composed numbers 11-15 using manipuatives.
2. Ordinal Numbers
- They identified their class ordinal number and wrote a sentence about it (e.g. I am the 3rd person in class, I am the 7th person in class)
- They used manipulatives to create an AB, ABB, AAB, ABC, and ABA pattern
- They used the ruler to draw horizontal and vertical lines. Then they colored the squares in patterns.
- The students listened to Flags: and Other US Symbols by Lauren Diemer and recalled information about the American flag from the book
- They made American Flags on the playground’s sidewalk using chalks.
We reviewed the five senses. They listened to My Five Sense by Margret Miller and recalled the items sensed by the five senses.
Fine Motor Skills
They Practiced writing uppercase and lowercase D & T on their writing journals.
Questions to Ask Your child
· What does the letter D make?
· What does the letter T make?
· Name some of the words that begin with the letter D or T.Which word comes first alphabetically: Dinosaur or Door? Tiger or turtle?
What two numbers make number 11, 12,13?
How many stripes are in the American flag? Why?How many stars are on the American flag? Why?
What are your five senses?