February Newsletter 2016
- 2/03- Late Start Wednesday
- 2/05- 3rd A.R. Benchmark (75% of goal)
- 2/08- Bell/Dickinson Mighty Acorns Field Trip
- 2/09- Ranfranz/Rzonca Mighty Acorns Field Trip
- 2/11- P.J. Day
- 2/11- Valentine's Day Party (2:00-2:45)
- 2/12-2/15 No School Presidents' Day
- 2/26- Final A.R. Benchmark (100% of goal)
- 2/26- End of Trimester 2
- 2/29- Trimester 3 Begins
- 2/29- ISTEP Round 1 Begins (more info to come)
The first round of ISTEP testing is upon us. There are many ways that you can help your children be prepared. Use the following ideas as guidelines.
- Be sure your children are present every day and all day for ISTEP testing
- Have your children go to bed at a reasonable time during ISTEP testing so they can achieve their optimal performance level. Many doctors recommend children get at least 8-10 hours of sleep a night.
- Students should eat a good dinner the night before and a hearty breakfast each morning of ISTEP testing. This helps provide the needed energy required to take the test and can help children focus.
- Limit the amount of time your children spend watching television. Studies show that children who watch fewer than three hours of television a day scored higher on national reading tests than those who watch more.
- Encourage your children to do their best. Let them know you will be proud of them as long as they try their personal best, no matter their score.
- If you click the ISTEP Prep title, it will direct you to the Dept. of Ed. website for extra resources.
To save time when passing out valentines, we request that your child simply sign their name on their valentines and not address it to a specific person. This way students are able to enjoy the party longer and no one is accidentally left out. Below are the amount of students in each class:
- Bell (20)
- Dickinson (23)
- Ranfranz (19)
- Rzonca (21)