Physical Geography Glossary
- The basin can be found by a river any where around the world.
- The channel can be found possibly in Hawaii or any of the places around Hawaii.
Large, thick body of slowly moving ice.
Part of a large body of water that extends into a shoreline, generally larger and more deeply indented than a bay.
Land area, smaller than a continent, completely surrounded by water.
- Glaciers can be found in Antartica and Greenland.
- Gulf is found by Mexico, were the Gulf of Mexico comes in.
- Islands can be found around Hawaii.
- Peninsulas can be found in Florida, Mexico, and Italy.
- Plains can be found in the West part of Texas.
Area of flat or rolling land at high elevation, about 300 to 3,000 feet (90 to 900 m) high.
Large body of water completely or partly surrounded by land.
Area of low land usually between hills or mountains.
- Plateaus can be found in Colorado and East Asia.
- Seas can be found by Brazil. Its called the Caribbean Sea.
- Valleys can be found in about every continent on earth that has land between mountains or hills.